Thread: My New S&W SD9

Feedback Score

My New S&W SD9

S&W combined the original SD series with the Sigma to create the SD9VE & SD40VE.
    Academy ONLY now sells the new, reintroduced SD9 & SD40.
    It has HI-VIZ night sights, (2) magazines, a rougher pistol grip texture, and the new patented S&W ARMORNITE coating (similar to Melonite, Nitride). Also, the trigger has been reworked and is much smoother and breaks much better.
    My son bought me the SD9 with part of his income tax refund ($329.99).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    That looks like a good value, post up how it shoots!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Everything I've read about those guns seems to indicate that they are viable and a good value. I believe Apex makes triggers for them now.

Feedback Score
    I own (5) of the S&W fantastic plastic pistols. SW9VE, SW40VE, SD9VE, SW40VE. And, now the SD9.
    Apex has been making spring kits and triggers for this series of gun since about 2009. I have both of them in the (4) VE pistols. The trigger pull weight is 6 - 6.25 lbs. I can live with that.
    I put 150 rounds through the SD9 so far. The trigger feels like it's about 7 lbs. I will check it tomorrow with my friends trigger weight tool. I might be able to get away with just polishing the trigger and all moving parts to make it right.
    To be continued............
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest.