Thread: How to keep HSGI belt from riding up

Feedback Score

How to keep HSGI belt from riding up

HSGI belt rides up on my when I go to un-holster my side arm. Now I'm a tall skinny guy 6'2 170/75 lbs. So I don't have much of anything for the belt to hold on to. I've tired to make the holster looser but don't want it too loose where it starts moving up and down in the holster while I run/move.

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Make the belt tighter or start using a level 2 holster that has a release instead of relying on high tension on the frame.

They will always ride up a little bit. That's unavoidable, but usually it happens when guys go prone.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    As odd as it sounds, BTQ really has the right idea. Something like the Safariland 6004 has retention to retain the pistol through considerable abuse, but once you've moved the ALS out of the way the pistol comes out with about 4# of upward pull - enough the belt won't try wandering off.

My wife had the same issue using kydex OWB holsters - after going to the ALS based solutions, that isn't an issue. Now, the non-broken-in pistol mag pouches are the ones that try and bring the belt up with themselves.

Another detail is that lowering the holster just slightly (in the case of my uses, I run the 6004 holsters using the MLS swappable system on the UBL lowered off the belt) makes the draw stroke slightly straighter, thus reducing how much the pistol drags upward on the holster/belt assembly. Worth considering, especially since the belt/UBL combination lets a belt run brilliantly like a hip holster, but without the leg movement encumbrance.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TehLlama View Post
    As odd as it sounds, BTQ really has the right idea. Something like the Safariland 6004 has retention to retain the pistol through considerable abuse, but once you've moved the ALS out of the way the pistol comes out with about 4# of upward pull - enough the belt won't try wandering off.

My wife had the same issue using kydex OWB holsters - after going to the ALS based solutions, that isn't an issue. Now, the non-broken-in pistol mag pouches are the ones that try and bring the belt up with themselves.

Another detail is that lowering the holster just slightly (in the case of my uses, I run the 6004 holsters using the MLS swappable system on the UBL lowered off the belt) makes the draw stroke slightly straighter, thus reducing how much the pistol drags upward on the holster/belt assembly. Worth considering, especially since the belt/UBL combination lets a belt run brilliantly like a hip holster, but without the leg movement encumbrance.
    Thanks for the input guys, I use a g-code drop RTI attachment as seen here http://www.tacticalholsters.com/prod...ies/GCA30.html

I do have a Safariland holster that is level II, I honestly forget the model it, it's a ALS holster

***found it http://www.safariland.com/DutyGear/p...px?pid=6378***

I have found if I wear it on my hip bones it moves around alot less but since I'm like a stick with arms and legs its hard for the belt to grab hole. I can make it tigther but I feel it would start to be uncomfortable, I actually have it on the tigther side now.
    Last edited by Djstorm100; 10-31-13 at 08:33.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    It might not work for you but I run as single leg strap on a high Safariland Drop leg. I also wear suspenders. I wear this setup 3-4 times a week for 2-8hrs and found it to be optimal.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rickmy View Post
    It might not work for you but I run as single leg strap on a high Safariland Drop leg. I also wear suspenders. I wear this setup 3-4 times a week for 2-8hrs and found it to be optimal.
    I also run a single leg strap, it definitely helps hold everything down during drawing. Something like this: http://www.tacticalholsters.com/prod...ies/GCA77.html