Page 11 of 69 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Appendix Carry

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I carry my G26 at the appendix, great spot and comfy for me. I have carried a 17 and 5.7 there, not bad, a tad of muzzle bump, nothing that was so bad I couldn't carry them that way.
    Last edited by mark5pt56; 10-21-08 at 19:37.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I was doing some draw and fire drills from concealment Sunday from appendix carry. It's so much easier to present from concealment than strong side. The lack of a full combat grip is a little tough to get used to though.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

ToddG Guest
    If you can't get a full grip on the gun, the holster probably lets the gun sit too low. I have my completed grip on the gun before it comes out of the holster.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Yeah. The holster sits a little low. Even at that, I was still amazed at the smoothness of the presentation. There's so much less contortion and effort compared to uncovering the gun on the strong side and drawing it.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Several years ago, Lou Alessi made holsters so issued M1911 pistols could be carried in the appendix position--this was the only carry method that while wearing a double breasted service dress uniform coat, especially when seated in a vehicle.

These holster worked perfectly for the intended mission. I became a big fan of their slight reverse cant. To date, this is the most comfortable and effective A-IWB holster I have used. The only thing that could be improved upon is perhaps a better belt fastener.

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    I really want appendix carry to work. It would solve almost all of my issues with 3:30 carry, but I have not found the magic combination yet. I tried the A-IWB version of the Looper with an M&P full size. It printed like crazy and I could not get a full grip on the gun from the holster. The grip would work its way down too close to my belt. I tried it both to the right and left of the first belt loop. Closer to the center of my body was MUCH more comfortable and printed less, but not being able to get a consistent grip is a deal killer. I am 5'11" ~170 lbs and had a hard time concealing this setup for those that might be interested.

I may have to give the appendix carry rig from Raven a try.

ToddG Guest
    98z -- an AIWB should ride as low as possible while still allowing a full grip on the gun. If your Looper was riding lower than that, I suggest you contact CCC and ask them to modify it.

Personally, I want mine to be low enough that I need to force my fingers in between the frontstrap and my belt. It doesn't need to give a lot of clearance from the top of your slacks, just from the belt itself.

Feedback Score
    I have been Running the Raven acr for sometime now (I had the first prototype) for the MP from them.

its THIN as Gomez states and it spreads the weight of the gun very well
    I have removed the far strut and replaced it with there single wider belt clip and it makes a world options for placement

having gone from a EHUD which was bulky and clunky to a RCS its night and day

Feedback Score
    Todd, I'm sold on trying A-IWB. Will Rich do them for the 226 do you know?

Marc, put your pics up

Haven't been on here for awhile but it would be nice to see a whole post on here revolving around A-IWB technique, or perhaps on Todd's website. Ya, that's the ticket!
    Last edited by JLM; 10-31-08 at 02:53.
    "So have your buddy get a box of stray cats and try to get a good sight picture while he is throwing the cats at you... naked." - KLD

Get yours news at Presscheck.org!

ToddG Guest
    I received two AIWB holsters today. One is an updated Looper (the version most folks have received who ordered the appendix version ... mine was a prototype that I managed to break). The other is a prototype from Mark Garrity, a leather holster with some unique features to maximize its suitability for AIWB. Once we get some bugs worked out, he'll go into production and I'll be able to post pics.

As for pics and details, appendixcarry.com is coming soon.

Page 11 of 69 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast