Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Opinions on the Beretta ARX-100

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by los View Post
    I believe Academy is running a sale [$799] through August 12th.
    That is a STEEEEAAAAL

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Fact is that "most" were not erected in the 60's, but they were erected to honor ancestors who fought for their families and communities. Some of what they believed was not right (the civil war was about more than just slavery), but honoring their sacrifices is still the right thing to do. It's a shame that you've taken sides with the Antifa and others who choose to desecrate monuments instead of making changes through the democratic process. Shame also that you revert to name calling when speaking of those who believe honoring such sacrifices is the right thing to do.
    No, it was pretty much about slavery since it tied in with their entire economy and motivation for independence from the union. There is nothing to honor in their sacrifice, nor should we. And it doesn't make someone an ANTIFA supporter for saying so. They're garbage monuments to horrible people, and no amount of name calling on your part will change that fact.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911-A1 View Post
    No, it was pretty much about slavery since it tied in with their entire economy and motivation for independence from the union.
    I said that it was about more than just slavery. Slavery was the primary reason for the war, but the vast vast majority of those who fought for the Confederacy had no personal stake in whether slavery continued or was abolished. Therefore, the motivation for most to fight was not slavery.

There is nothing to honor in their sacrifice, nor should we.
    We'll just have to disagree. There have been plenty of good people that ended up fighting on the wrong side of history. I will not denigrate them or the monuments honoring their sacrifices.

And it doesn't make someone an ANTIFA supporter for saying so.
    I didn't say that you were an ANTIFA supporter. However, if you support not protecting monuments and allowing them to be destroyed by vandals, then you are on the same side as them because that's what they do. Civilized people follow the rule of law and make changes through the democratic process.

They're garbage monuments to horrible people, and no amount of name calling on your part will change that fact.
    You label people "idiot rednecks" and "horrible people" and then follow it up by saying that I was name calling when I'm the one who did nothing of the sort. I suggest that you look more closely at what you're reading and writing.

Feedback Score
    Double tap... Sorry
    Last edited by Bret; 08-09-18 at 10:56. Reason: Double tap

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I said that it was about more than just slavery. Slavery was the primary reason for the war, but the vast vast majority of those who fought for the Confederacy had no personal stake in whether slavery continued or was abolished. Therefore, the motivation for most to fight was not slavery.

We'll just have to disagree. There have been plenty of good people that ended up fighting on the wrong side of history. I will not denigrate them or the monuments honoring their sacrifices.

I didn't say that you were an ANTIFA supporter. However, if you support not protecting monuments and allowing them to be destroyed by vandals, then you are on the same side as them because that's what they do. Civilized people follow the rule of law and make changes through the democratic process.

You label people "idiot rednecks" and "horrible people" and then follow it up by saying that I was name calling when I'm the one who did nothing of the sort. I suggest that you look more closely at what you're reading and writing.
    Can we take this particular discussion to GD and not here?
    "America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards."- Claire Wolfe

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Can we take this particular discussion to GD and not here?
    "America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards."- Claire Wolfe

Feedback Score
    OK, how about getting things back on topic with this? The stamp for my Beretta ARX-100 factory SBR arrived at my dealer today, so I was able to bring it home.

Feedback Score
    OK, how about getting things back on topic with this? The stamp for my Beretta ARX-100 factory SBR arrived at my dealer today, so I was able to bring it home.

Congratulations...that is a killer looking little machine!! Can't wait to hear how she works for you!!

Feedback Score
    Thanks. While fondling it tonight I noticed that the manufacturer's markings indicate Maryland. So, my guess is that it's old stock. At $900, I don't know why they're not yet sold out.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    very f'ing cool. There were quite a few attributes I enjoyed about my arx (left ejection) but I eventually sold it as it was just too different my other rifles to make it something to really spend the time to learn to run well. Enjoy it!

Chris

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast