Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Opinions on the Beretta ARX-100

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    waiting on sbr form..

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    I believe in peace, love and extremely violent weapons systems... just in case that whole peace-and-love thing doesn't work out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by K.O.A.M. View Post
    I like mine, but I bought it at the Botach blow it out price of $1100. I am currently awaiting my tax stamp so I can get my factory 10" barrel assembly out of the armory and put it on.

I have a few hundred rounds through it. The light weight means more recoil than the AR. The trigger is okay. The sling mounting points are kind of jacked up and there really isn't anywhere to put QD sockets. You want the factory extended charging handle, which is a sleeve for the existing handle. The extended handle makes it much more comfortable to operate. The BUIS are way too high and should be replaced. I use an Aimpoint CompM2 on mine.

If I were a lefty, I'd shoot it more because of the ease of switching ejection. I'm awaiting my tax stamp back (hopefully February) before I start shooting it again.
    Where did you find a 10 inch barrel assembly? I haven't seen any accessories for my beloved ARX. I would also like to find the front pic adapter to go over grenade launcher....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thedave8 View Post
    Where did you find a 10 inch barrel assembly? I haven't seen any accessories for my beloved ARX. I would also like to find the front pic adapter to go over grenade launcher....
    Beretta sells the SBR kit and pic rail adaptor on their web store.
    Last edited by Auto426; 02-23-16 at 11:42.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Auto426 View Post
    Neretta sells the SBR kit and pic rail adaptor on their web store.
    Will check it out...looked there a while back and didn't see it....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thedave8 View Post
    I got the 10" barrel from Botach. They were in stock as of today. I bought the cocking handle sleeve and the front Picatinny replacement from Silvio Brignoli in Italy. Paid with paypal, got the parts in about two weeks. I have my stamp back and ran 500 rounds through it Friday at an E.A.G. Tactical class with no problems.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Beretta store and wait for coupon code..

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    I believe in peace, love and extremely violent weapons systems... just in case that whole peace-and-love thing doesn't work out.

Feedback Score
    So the rifle doesn't have any steel inserts where the BCG ride on? That's something of a concern.. I wonder how long the receiver is going to last with a steel BCG riding on plastic.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by K.O.A.M. View Post
    I got the 10" barrel from Botach. They were in stock as of today. I bought the cocking handle sleeve and the front Picatinny replacement from Silvio Brignoli in Italy. Paid with paypal, got the parts in about two weeks. I have my stamp back and ran 500 rounds through it Friday at an E.A.G. Tactical class with no problems.
    They're still in stock for $449 shipped as of now

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Serious Account View Post
    So the rifle doesn't have any steel inserts where the BCG ride on? That's something of a concern.. I wonder how long the receiver is going to last with a steel BCG riding on plastic.
    Nope, no steel, It's plastic all the way.

What has better long term wear resistance: fiberfilled ordnance plastic or anodized aluminum?

I don't know the answer to that one.

H

Feedback Score
    Since this is the current ARX100 post, I guess I'll leave this here:

Safely lightening the trigger pull may be as simple as replacing the disconnector and trigger springs with lighter ones.

The ARX100 FCG works differently from an AR15 FCG. The hammer isn't noticeably pulled rearward before being released as it is on an AR15, meaning the hammer spring has far less influence on trigger pull weight.

The trigger pull weight is mainly achieved using a combination of trigger spring weight and disconnector spring weight. The FCG is odd in that the disconnector rests against the back of the hammer when the hammer is cocked and the trigger is at rest. This means pulling the trigger pulls against both the trigger spring and the disconnector spring until the hammer is released.

As an experiment, and without going into too much detail, I bought replacement trigger and disconnector springs, cut a couple of coils from the disconnector spring, bent one of the legs of the trigger spring, then checked the balance to ensure the trigger still reliably reset. I found that this significantly reduced trigger pull weight to something approximating a stock AR15 trigger. So far, several hundred dry fires and two range sessions totaling 300 rounds fired have not revealed any problems with cycling or resetting the trigger. The rifle was run suppressed for all shots.

I'm curious as to the reason the designers chose to have the disconnector stay in contact with the hammer when the hammer is cocked. It might have been chosen only to affect a heavy but relatively crisp trigger pull, but I wonder if this wasn't also intended to cushion the rearward travel of the hammer or maybe provide additional resistance to the rearward travel of the bolt assembly. If it was only intended to influence trigger pull, it should be safe to simply replace the springs with lighter ones until the desired trigger pull is achieved.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast