Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Springfield Armory Combat Operator 9mm

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rushca01 View Post
    Tool steel ignition parts, upgraded rear sight as opposed to an in house Novak copy, front strap checkering, and armory coat compared to parkerizing. Add those features up to the cost of the RO operator and it should be close. If you want a base gun the RO operator is certainly the better choice, the lipseys special is more turn key.
    That's kind of the debate. Whether to just go with this one and try to be happy, or get the RO and send it to SACS with a bunch of Wilson parts, like I did for my CRG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    That's kind of the debate. Whether to just go with this one and try to be happy, or get the RO and send it to SACS with a bunch of Wilson parts, like I did for my CRG.

Understand the dilema, the combat operator kind of hits the sweet spot for me. I'm not spending Wilson type money for a rage toy 9mm 1911 still cheaper than the Warren tactical guns which has a pretty stellar review. Tough choice fore sure.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Understand the dilema, the combat operator kind of hits the sweet spot for me. I'm not spending Wilson type money for a rage toy 9mm 1911 still cheaper than the Warren tactical guns which has a pretty stellar review. Tough choice fore sure.
    I'm still not sure if this is worth it over the RO Operator.

Tool steel ignition parts, upgraded rear sight as opposed to an in house Novak copy, front strap checkering, and armory coat compared to parkerizing. Add those features up to the cost of the RO operator and it should be close. If you want a base gun the RO operator is certainly the better choice, the lipseys special is more turn key.

I love 1911s, full stop. BUT, the one thing I've come to realize is that I (personally) am never satisfied with whatever particular offering I happen to own and have in my hand at the moment lol. Back when I ordered my railed Pro a year ago I told myself I'm done chasing the 1911 unicorn.... And Glock handles my 9mm needs.

Resistance may be futile...

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    I love 1911s, full stop. BUT, the one thing I've come to realize is that I (personally) am never satisfied with whatever particular offering I happen to own and have in my hand at the moment lol. Back when I ordered my railed Pro a year ago I told myself I'm done chasing the 1911 unicorn.... And Glock handles my 9mm needs.

Resistance may be futile...

I'm a glock 19 homer through and through and they are what I use 99% of the time but I still have a soft spot for 1911s and shooting a 9mm government model 1911 is pure fun, I have just be reluctant to spend 3000 dollars on a 9mm Wilson cqb or even the 2000 for the Warren tactical version until this little beauty came along.
    Last edited by rushca01; 01-26-16 at 05:43.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I'm a glock 19 homer through and through and they are what I use 99% of the time but I still have a soft spot for 1911s and shooting a 9mm government model 1911 is pure fun, I have just be reluctant to spend 3000 dollars on a 9mm Wilson cqb or even the 2000 for the Warren tactical version until this little beauty came along.
    I hear ya. Sucks its only a limited run

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Springfield Armory Combat Operator 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    I hear ya. Sucks its only a limited run

Hopefully the response is there to make it more available. Undercut the trigger guard and add a magwell and I could probably resist the urge to do anything else to it.

ETA - and a medium or short solid trigger. I've really been liking those since the BCM 1911 came out.

Last edited by Wake27; 01-26-16 at 12:09.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    image.jpg
    Shot mine today! 218 trouble free rds. Accurate as hell and zero recoil. An absolute pleasure to shoot! Not sure why my pic is flipped sideways.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Got lazy on one today on gunbroker. Buy it now price of 1375, snooze you lose.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Damn I'm jealous of you guys...

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Hope you guys don't mind me jumping in on this one. I am in charge of coming up with and coordinating the special projects at Lipsey's. The Combat Operator has been a project we have been working on for a while. Luckily Springfield finally had some production time open up on 1911's to allow us to run these. We plan on running 150 to 200 a month and once the 45 ACP and 10mm versions are ready, we will rotate the calibers around each month. Basically, we would do 200 9mm's one month, then 200 45's, then 200 10mm, and back to 9mm's and so forth. The response has been great on the 9mm and was one of the more popular items in our booth at SHOT. I have a lot of rounds thru the first sample gun and it is hard to put it down. Like F.C.III said above, it has zero recoil. Let me know if you have any questions.

Jason / Lipsey's

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast