Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Springfield Armory Combat Operator 9mm

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Sam,
    I ordered a Bladetech Eclipse for it (w/o WML) and I'm very happy with the holster.
    Thanks. I took a jump and ordered the similar holster that Blade Tech make for Wilson combat, the Edge. It is very nice, lightweight, hugs the body close. I'm happy with it. And it's actually a few dollars less than the BT.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    So my SA CO came back from SACS Tuesday. They replaced the rear sight, polished the feed ramp and re- fit the extractor and thumb safety.

In addition to the warranty work I had SACS do. a 4- 4 1/2 lb trigger job ( it was 5.5-6 lb) which was an additional $129 and included a new sear.

I hit the indoor range and put 150 round through it including American Eagle 124 gr FMJ, Winchester Ranger 147 grain JHP and Speer 124 grain + p gold dot.

The good news - trigger and mechanical accuracy were great and function was 100% with everything including the Winchester 147 which previously had caused issues.

The not so good- 1) The grip safety is noticeably less sensitive than it was before and I had some issues activating it which I did not have prior. 2) POI went from low / below "drive the dot" to high. A 6 o'clock hold on a B-8 sized shoot n see was dead on POI at 15 yards but up at 12 o'clock at 25.

I'm gonna need to do the math and get a propper height front sight from Dawson to correct POI.
    Damn. What's going on over at SACS? They did a great job on my CRG only a few months ago. They must really have gotten a shit ton of work in. Looks like it's definitely a 9mm CCU for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Any new updates. I just seen this pistol on SA website, didn't know itwas out.

But now I really want one. Planning on running it in USPSA Single Stack.
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Finally got around to shoot mine in an actual match. As I purchased the gun second handed from a friend, he estimated he shot around 200 rounds through it. I've shot about 150 rounds in practice and getting used to the gun. The gun ran flawlessly in the steel challenge format match with 6 stages. I shot 160 in the match. So roughly it has a little over 500 rounds through it, flawlessly. The fiber optic front tube is easy to pick up for old tired eyes like mine. The gun is accurate enough to hit 12" circle plates at 20 yards and 18"x 24" rectangle at 35 yards at reasonable speed, if I did my part.

So far I like the gun. It's not as slick and pretty as a Wilson Combat but it's less than half the price of one.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Anyone else get one of the Combat Operator's lately? Really liking the look and am torn still between this and the Colt Combat Unit. None of my local guys have either, so I cannot compare. Sam, how has your's been since August 22nd, had a chance to shoot it some more? Would like to run this, the SA Loaded Black Operator or the Colt Combat Unit in IDPA.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wa22ioR View Post
    Sam, how has your's been since August 22nd, had a chance to shoot it some more? .
    No, I haven't shot it since. It is a fine gun, you can't go wrong with it. The SA is out of my rotation now, going to concentrate on the DA guns at this moment (Beretta and CZ). But I give the Springfield an A plus. Its turn into the shooting rotation will return.

I prefer the Springfield because it doesn't have the complicated firing pin safety like the Colt does (series 80). Those extra parts are nightmare (to me), it is a pain to reassemble when I detail strip one. If you're completely competent with the assembly of the series 80 safety, then the Colt is an alternative.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    No, I haven't shot it since. It is a fine gun, you can't go wrong with it. The SA is out of my rotation now, going to concentrate on the DA guns at this moment (Beretta and CZ). But I give the Springfield an A plus. Its turn into the shooting rotation will return.

I prefer the Springfield because it doesn't have the complicated firing pin safety like the Colt does (series 80). Those extra parts are nightmare (to me), it is a pain to reassemble when I detail strip one. If you're completely competent with the assembly of the series 80 safety, then the Colt is an alternative.
    Sam,

Thanks for replying. Ya know, I've never really thought about that, but it is a good point. I am not familiar with Colt's Series 80. That may make my decision a little easier. Thanks again.

Kyle

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I just don't know if I could justify the SA with all of the issues I've seen online. Plus Colt's has an Ion Bond finish which is supposedly stupid durable. I haven't had the need to break my CRG down that far yet. The only thing I'm expecting will suck is the thumb safety. The one on my CRG gave me a blister and I've heard others complain about it as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wa22ioR View Post
    Anyone else get one of the Combat Operator's lately? Really liking the look and am torn still between this and the Colt Combat Unit. None of my local guys have either, so I cannot compare. Sam, how has your's been since August 22nd, had a chance to shoot it some more? Would like to run this, the SA Loaded Black Operator or the Colt Combat Unit in IDPA.
    I'm in the same boat. Really leaning towards the Combat Operator though since I live about 20 miles from Springfield Armory and having/needing any work done would be a piece of cake.

Feedback Score
    Has any one actually weighted one?
    It is listed at 43oz ( right at the limit ) but the RO operator is at 41. Where did 2 oz go, dont think FCS would remove that much.

I was looking at getting one but i wanted to add a small mag well, and that would put me over if it really weighted 43 oz.
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789