Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Coyote down

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HeruMew View Post
    Kudos, sir! That layout must have been amazing to experience. I cant say that i have truly experienced as many bugs or exotic protiens as you have, but youve certainly piqued my interest to start looking more into my local bugs come spring time, lest i get the courage to try them, at least to know for a worst-comes-worst theory.

On the topic of racoons, skunks, snakes, we just dont get a whole lot of them. We had a neighbors dog get quilled this last year, and I have yet to see a porcupine around. (Only time seperates that from a reality i am sure).

To be honest, if i did take one of those animals, i would have to be pretty confident in my source of info before trying to eat it. And since i dont believe i will find someone to do so in front of me, i think i will avoid any risk of meat-contamination.

But there are weird double-standards in taste or risk taking i do suppose.

And 30 a year? Sounds like a set of awesome hunts.

If you don't mind sharing, do you salvage enough pelt to sell? Or is it population control hunts?

I mean this question in a purely educational manner as i dont have a whole lot of experience in those areas.

Great conversation!
    Many moons ago, I attended the University of Science, Music and Culture. They spent a large amount of time and money sending me to various and sundry places with less than spectacular dining arrangements.

In English: I was in the military, and they sent me to a large number of survival courses. Before that, I taught that sort of thing as a civilian.

Now I like my grilled shrimp wrapped in bacon, my martini's properly chilled, and both served in air-conditioned comfort.

Preferably by a tall redhead with poor eyesight and worse decision-making skills.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My mom has eaten skunk meat. She claims it is a good remedy for asthma. So they say in Mexico !

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Congrats on the dog. nice rifle as well

Feedback Score
    Any suggestions on a call to use for yotes? Electronic or Old Fashioned? I am just getting into it.
    Nice pic. That camo rifle is sweet.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraham View Post
    Centuries back, the original reason cabin boys were part of the crew, (I kid you not) was if the sailors ran out of food, guess what they ate? Cabin boys were livestock.
    As a student of early maritime and naval history I myself can say I have never read that even once. Did it happen? Sure, think of the Essex. But "planned for purpose"? ... that's a stretch and I'd like to see peer-verified quotes ...

Feedback Score
    4 (83%)
    Nice brother. I had four run out right on top of my promos dying rabbit . I was using woodpecker distress. One shot to the hip with this beast using federal 150gr soft point. I'll put the new Burris 3x magnifier come deer season and use the super deadly Barnes vortx 150 blue ballistic tip.
    Last edited by Talywhacker; 05-05-16 at 20:58. Reason: Pic

Feedback Score
    Ok, first, nice yote and cool rig. Second, sounds like you did your own research figured out why people don't eat them, e.g. some disease or just preference, and made a call to chow down and not waste. Cool. Feel free to share your food prep and recipe. Ever try grilling the meat? I'm curious how that'd be. Third, to the guy who takes 30 a year, thanks for the info on the calls you use as I had heard that rabbits or fawns in distress brought them in. Last, to the guy with the cabin boys as livestock post, jeez did you creep me out dude, lol.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Talywhacker View Post
    Nice brother. I had four run out right on top of my promos dying rabbit . I was using woodpecker distress. One shot to the hip with this beast using federal 150gr soft point. I'll put the new Burris 3x magnifier come deer season and use the super deadly Barnes vortx 150 blue ballistic tip.
    Now thats a coyote Gun!!
    "One of the ordinary modes, by which tyrants accomplish their purposes without resistence, is, by disarming the people, and making it an offense to keep arms."

Constitutional scholar and Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840

"One useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress" --- John Adams

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyRambo View Post
    Any suggestions on a call to use for yotes? Electronic or Old Fashioned? I am just getting into it.
    Nice pic. That camo rifle is sweet.
    I use an Alpha dog electronic call in the summer time and then in winter we use bait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    i have taken down a bear with a SA socom 2. this is a nice kill

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123