Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New Revolver in town: Kimber K6. 6 Shot 357

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This will not be joining my stable of revolvers.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Has anybody put any real rounds down range yet?
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Has anybody put any real rounds down range yet?
    200 no issues so far 40 of 357 magnum, 160 of 38 special, softer shooting than the 340 J-frame I had
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    George Orwell

cpoth Guest
    Are there any further data points or reviews on this revolver from first hand experience here?

I am interested in it for several reasons though admittedly have little revolver experience. I do have a willing retired LEO and current law enforcement instructor with many years of revolver experience to help me grow my skill set in place.

My goals are to have a dependable backup gun, more frequently a deep concealment EDC option (thunderwear holster type idea). I think this is particularly interesting because it appears as if attention has been taken to round the sharp edges of the gun to make it easier to draw from deeper concealment holsters.

I have shot the 2" model but am more interested in the 3". The reason for the 3" DA only hammerless model is as a standalone EDC option I prefer longer sight radius and if I use .357 mag loads I would think it should be more comfortably/shootable.

There is now a SA/DA option with hammer. I would prefer the DA only again but am open to the knowledge and opinions of the forum.

If other, better options to fit the above mentioned parameters exist please feel free to inform me. I am looking to make an intelligent choice with this purchase.
    Last edited by cpoth; 03-16-19 at 15:18.

Feedback Score
    I've handled them, and the double action trigger seems commendably smooth. The sixth shot (always nice to have more) does add bulk, and also appears to raise the bore axis as compared to a Smith Centennial.
    I'll admit to being a Smith fan, but the 640 Pro with the good sights is a better answer to the question, IMHO. And it has no lock, tho' they don't trouble me personally. I've a 340PD (11 oz .357), and the lock has never given a moment's trouble thru' a bunch of shooting, including magnums (ouch!).
    Moon

IL (formely the worst damn state in the nation, but no more. Thank You New York.)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Some Internet rumbling continues about brittle firing pins and dry firing. Anyone have more info?

geezer john
    jmoore (aka - geezer john)

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have about 400 rounds through mine, very limited dry fire. Ammo fired was handloads mostly, 158 LSWC in front of some nasty, ancient Bullseye I'm trying to shoot up. So far, no issues with the pistol and I enjoy carrying it.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234