Thread: Ruger P345

Feedback Score

Ruger P345

I did a quick search and found a thread from last year on Ruger handguns, but wondered if anyone had any experience with the P345. We seem to like in a world where 1911's, HK's, Sigs, Glocks, etc rule the day - and likely for a good reason.

I am in search for a full-sized .45 that is not a 1911, or a Glock. I have been eyeballing older Sigs lately and recently in a gun shop, I spotted an all-black Ruger P345 and decided to check it out. Surprisingly, it felt perfect in my hand and was also $400.00 for a brand spanking new gun no less. I had seen earlier examples and didn't like the look of them, but this new model seems to look and feel great. I set out on a search and could find nary a negative review about them. There were the odd issues and a debate over mag disconnect, but people seem to really like them.

I was curious if anyone had any experience with them? This would likely be a bedside gun, but I may also take a class with it. I carry a 642CT, so this will likely never see the streets, but who knows?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've only seen a single 345 used in a class. That gun wouldn't run through a full magazine without having at least one malfunction each time. Are all 345s like that? I dont know.

ToddG Guest
    I've handled a couple, seen a handful. Never really took one apart and inspected it. The ones I've seen didn't have any problems I noticed, but neither was I watching them every shot.

Nothing about the gun really grabbed me, though, and the question is whether a $400 Ruger .45 is really a good deal compared to a lot of other pistols that are available for $100 or so more.

Feedback Score
    Thanks...Could have been a case of "new gun in hand syndrome" - just felt right. May do some more research before I jump.