Page 13 of 182 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: SHOT Show 2015 Pictures (From SMGLee)

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Sweet brother....been waiting anxiously for the first few ones in the wild to report in, and hear some end user feedback from others on them.

The 15" SMR rail is such a perfect fit for a Recce or especially a SPR....If your as happy as I'm with it in that role, you'll be grinning for sure.

That sleek, and super long rail puts that bipod as far forward as one can really get which makes a tremendous difference in terms of staying down on your optics through shots, bipod loading consistency, and overall increased stability when in firing position.

When your ready I'm only a State away from you IIrc, and we can do a little SPR challenge once you get yours from above up and going. That would be a killer range session

Last edited by ALCOAR; 07-18-12 at 18:43.

Dano5326 Guest
    what is the weight of the stock HK rail & barrel nut?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The following info and pics were gathered by fellow member forFREEDOM....
    The stock rail weighs in at 12.5 oz. @ 9" length. That is about 1.4 oz per inch.

The Geissele 14.5" rail weighs 1.1 lbs. Which is about 1.2 oz per inch. That would mean the 10.5" rail will weigh about the same as the stock 9" rail.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Finally got a chance to get my upper back together with the new geiselle rail. I went with the 15" rail for my 20" barrel, and it's a great combo so far. Hopefully I'll get to the range this weekend to give it a go, but so far the shape and feel of the rail are very nice.

Pic:

Trident, I am in GA for now but will be traveling to North Dakota for work through november in a couple weeks. When I get back I would love to get together for some range time, maybe at the new range in blakely with shots out to 2200yds.

ETA: I have just one more item I am waiting on for this rifle that I'm thinking will be here in the next few days. I sent a form 1 and 4 on the same day and got the approved form 1 back yesterday so I'm thinking my surefire suppressor is just around the corner.
    Last edited by m1ajunkie; 07-20-12 at 15:45.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m1ajunkie View Post
    Finally got a chance to get my upper back together with the new geiselle rail. I went with the 15" rail for my 20" barrel, and it's a great combo so far. Hopefully I'll get to the range this weekend to give it a go, but so far the shape and feel of the rail are very nice.

Pic:

Trident, I am in GA for now but will be traveling to North Dakota for work through november in a couple weeks. When I get back I would love to get together for some range time, maybe at the new range in blakely with shots out to 2200yds.

ETA: I have just one more item I am waiting on for this rifle that I'm thinking will be here in the next few days. I sent a form 1 and 4 on the same day and got the approved form 1 back yesterday so I'm thinking my surefire suppressor is just around the corner.
    Either I'm color deficient or the color rendering in that pic is a little off. Is that FDE or Foliage Green? What did you use to coat the rail?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    Either I'm color deficient or the color rendering in that pic is a little off. Is that FDE or Foliage Green? What did you use to coat the rail?
    Yeah the colors in that pic didn't show up to well. Im guessing due to the overcast sky and lack of a quality camera.

That is the factory sand color from geiselle, with an fde magpul miad and the lmt coyote brown sopmod stock.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m1ajunkie View Post
    Yeah the colors in that pic didn't show up to well. Im guessing due to the overcast sky and lack of a quality camera.

That is the factory sand color from geiselle, with an fde magpul miad and the lmt coyote brown sopmod stock.
    Thanks! It sure looks good!

Feedback Score
    Does anyone know the status on when the new Geissele rail for AR-15's will be available for purchase? From what vendors, rail lengths and estimated price? Thanks.

Chris

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Chris, currently these rails are offered in 13", and 15" lengths. They also now come in a Mk1 and Mk2 variant...the Mk2 is a cost friendly alternative to the Mk1. Lastly, you can get the rail in either black or sand ano.

Initially these rails were only avail. through Geissele directly so I'm told, however I've noticed them showing up at places like Rainier Arms, SWFA, and RogTac. Perhaps other places as well.

Personally, I'd just go through Geissele direct....and give them a call at the shop.

Feedback Score
    Thank you very much, TRIDENT82.

Could you please explain the differences (and pros/cons) between the Mk1 and Mk2 variants? Does the rail have anti-rotation tabs? I don't see any in the pictures I've seen. And perhaps compare/contrast the Geissele rail with the Noveske NSR?

Chris
    Last edited by Chris17404; 08-14-12 at 15:48.

Page 13 of 182 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast