Page 180 of 182 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182 LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 1816

Thread: SHOT Show 2015 Pictures (From SMGLee)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    I'm waiting on an SR30 SBR myself. I will Form1 an SR30 lower for now and pick up the upper whenever it becomes available again. Would prefer an M-LOK version over the Keymod though.
    +1 on the M-LOK version.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    http://geissele.com/blems.html

Blems in stock! Just ordered a 10" SMR MK1 in DDC for my pistol build.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    If Geissele would install anti-rotate tabs vs. the two set screws that drive into the receiver, I would give one of these a serious look.
    NRA Life Member

"WINNING" - When all of the liberal democrats and other libtards start throwing themselves off cliffs because they don't get their way...

JEDIsh: We are asked not to judge all muslims by the acts of a few extremists, but we are encouraged to judge all gun owners by extreme acts of the few.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    If Geissele would install anti-rotate tabs vs. the two set screws that drive into the receiver, I would give one of these a serious look.
    From my experience with installing hundreds of Geissele rails and owning a couple, the set screws work better than anti rotate tabs. They do, however, mark up the receiver (if anyone cares).
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaseN View Post
    Anyone heard anything about a shorter MK8 rail coming out? Geissele's website right now consists of 13 and 15" rails...would love a 9" for my sbr build. Kinda disappointing how geissele went from so many options to basically nothing. I absolutely love the 13" sand anodized MK2 on my 16" recon build.
    I emailed them a few weeks ago about a 9" for my sbr build and they said they would be doing one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I've installed 60 various manufacturer's rails. The set screw method Geissele uses is primitive at best. The anti-rotation tabs on the BCM KMR series as well the Daniel Defense RIS II, Lite Rail generation 2 and 3, as well as the 2nd generation Omega-x rails offer a simple, yet robust solution (other manufacturers utilize the same method as well).

On the Geissele, hard knocks to the rail are transfered directly to the set screws allowing more disturbance of the contact points of the set screws, allowing more deformation of the receiver in addition to the previous distortion caused during the installation.

Of course it appears that Geissele updated the design of the anti-rotate tabs with the ALG Defense rail series. Geissele' rail section is under construction on their site. Maybe we'll see some product advances.

YMMV
    Last edited by Singlestack Wonder; 08-10-15 at 17:21.
    NRA Life Member

"WINNING" - When all of the liberal democrats and other libtards start throwing themselves off cliffs because they don't get their way...

JEDIsh: We are asked not to judge all muslims by the acts of a few extremists, but we are encouraged to judge all gun owners by extreme acts of the few.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    I've installed 60 various manufacturer's rails. The set screw method Geissele uses is primitive at best. The anti-rotation tabs on the BCM KMR series as well the Daniel Defense RIS II, Lite Rail generation 2 and 3, as well as the 2nd generation Omega-x rails offer a simple, yet robust solution (other manufacturers utilize the same method as well).

On the Geissele, hard knocks to the rail are transfered directly to the set screws allowing more disturbance of the contact points of the set screws, allowing more deformation of the receiver in addition to the previous distortion caused during the installation.

Of course it appears that Geissele updated the design of the anti-rotate tabs with the ALG Defense rail series. Geissele' rail section is under construction on their site. Maybe we'll see some product advances.

YMMV
    I have had quiet the opposite experience and opinion with Geissele Rails. They have the most robust mounting system in my opinion. The mounting surface is 2 times the KMR. The anti rotation tab if you will on the KMR marks the upper also so that's not a good argument. Ive had to bent that tab on a KMR tab apart to get the rail to get it to be straight with the upper receiver without hammering it on the upper. I have had factory KMR uppers from BCM when taking the rail off, showed marring on the upper from that tab. When installing another rail, you now have marks on the receiver. This could be said with the geissele is someone over tightened the anti rotation allens. The anti rotation tabs on the Geissele don't need to be cranked into the upper receiver. Just butted up to the upper. Just touching. Not really any more. The main bolts through the rail are very very solid. And when tightened, there is no moving that rail. And if your rail is moving you probably installed it incorrectly. Im not saying the KMR is bad, or the DD, etc. I own at least 2 of each, KMRs, RISIIs, Geisseles, along with many many other rails. C4s, KAC, etc. Geissele's mounting system, with large barrel nut contact surface, takes the cake in my book.
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 08-10-15 at 19:02.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Agree to disagree....The DD RIS II is the strongest mounting system. Just behind that is the BCM KMR.

Of course rail opinions vary just as with presidential candidates......
    Last edited by Singlestack Wonder; 08-10-15 at 23:19.
    NRA Life Member

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    This is true. I have never had issues with DD rails. The RIS II is one of my favorites. But Geissele can not be overlooked as they do have a great product offering.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    Love geissele stuffs.

Page 180 of 182 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182 LastLast