Page 3 of 182 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: SHOT Show 2015 Pictures (From SMGLee)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titleist View Post
    Bill did a great job with this rail. The ONLY thing I'll say is that it requires a new barrel nut.

With that in mind the Daniel Defense rail is totally drop in, and is so low profile and light it makes the normally boat-anchor-heavy 416 feel like a modern featherweight SBR.

ETA these comments are in regards to the 416 rail!
    The 416 rail uses the standard HK barrel nut. The M4 rail uses the proprietary barrel nut

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
    Gifford Holmquist

Owner
    Amendment Arms

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    You're right, I was told the wrong thing at the booth and during the AAC Big Bang shoot. The 416 is drop in.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Smart design always wins. Congrats to Bill and his team on another one. That's a sweet and very well thought-out rail.
    Life is full of choices. I choose Noveske.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    It's a nice rail, made in black, FDE and a dark green. The bottom rail and side rails come with it and are removeable. The barrel nut is steel and about 3" long and locks up with two steel bolts very solidly. IIRC he's offering this in 10"-15" in 1" increments. It's not the lightest rail but very nice. I picked up 2 ACT triggers from him to these are USGI triggers which are are really nice these come with Geissele pins and have a Nickel-Boron finish and give about 5lb very smooth single stage pull. Bill G has a few of these there with 50K+ dryfires on them.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    107 (100%)
    I'm in the process of narrowing down items for a 14.5 complete rifle, I was set on the Apex tube, but I'll definately be watching for info on this system.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Titleist View Post
    Bill did a great job with this rail. The ONLY thing I'll say is that it requires a new barrel nut.

With that in mind the Daniel Defense rail is totally drop in, and is so low profile and light it makes the normally boat-anchor-heavy 416 feel like a modern featherweight SBR.

ETA these comments are in regards to the 416 rail!
    DD did a 416 rail? Any pics?

Anything is better than the stock 416 rail, ugh.

Geissele rail looks like a winner, I will definitely be picking one of those up.
    Last edited by RustedAce; 01-20-12 at 20:54.

Feedback Score
    I'm excited for this rail, as well as the new Noveske and Midwest Industries rail.

It's going to be hard to choose between the three. Hopefully someone makes a review that compares the specs of all 3.

New Noveske rail:
    http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum...ske-s-New-Rail

New Midwest rail:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7q68bw4L0EU

Feedback Score
    I really liked the Geissele rail I looked at in their booth. Very solid and one little thing they did I really like is the rail sections screw right in to the rail similar to the LaRue slick rail. No T nuts or anything like that. Be interesting to see when they are actually available and the price point.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I'm pretty sure in the video he said around $325 in the Spring. Lengths will be every inch.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tb-av View Post
    I'm pretty sure in the video he said around $325 in the Spring. Lengths will be every inch.
    Thats one thing that tilts the shit out of me about the show and about the firearms industry in general:

Me: "When can I buy them?"

Anyone with something cool: "Later in the year. Probably. If we get caught up."

Page 3 of 182 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast