Page 5 of 182 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: SHOT Show 2015 Pictures (From SMGLee)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm very excited about this rail but why does the HK version have built in QD mounts and the M4 version does not?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zukiii View Post
    I'm very excited about this rail but why does the HK version have built in QD mounts and the M4 version does not?
    Because customer who ordered HK rail requested high strength QD (stronger than rail attachment) mounts, and M4 version is made "by the way". This kind of QD mount rises costs (handguard must be made thick then machined down, not just extruded), when not special request, no reason to put it here.
    Last edited by montrala; 01-27-12 at 08:51.
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    questions.

1 how dose the "rail" attach to the the nut?

2 how dose the nut make things stronger when the thinest cross-section is the forged receiver itself?

i kick myself now because i was at the show and bought a trigger at there booth (SSA-E... WOW!) but did not even realize they had a rail.
    Last edited by FightingTupperware; 01-28-12 at 19:30.

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kartoffel View Post
    Now... if DD had made the MFR with the bolt-up system on their Lite rails, I might reconsider.

I want to scream every time I see the MFR and think about my RISII.

Why why why didn't they do that??

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by samuse View Post
    I want to scream every time I see the MFR and think about my RISII.

Why why why didn't they do that??
    You're right, the RISII and Lite both have the same system. I realize it ain't cheap, and it uses a non-standard barrel nut, but it's a really decent way to attach a free float handguard.

• continuous 12 o'clock rail
    • no need to drill some gay-ass hole in your upper (WTF, Noveske?)
    • and it is SOLID.
    • plus, DD offers them with cutouts for fixed front sights, so you know they're not just poser rails
    Last edited by kartoffel; 01-28-12 at 20:07.
    Oh no, not another lube thread! Read this first: Lubrication 101.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kartoffel View Post
    You're right, the RISII and Lite both have the same system. I realize it ain't cheap, and it uses a non-standard barrel nut, but it's a really decent way to attach a free float handguard.

• continuous 12 o'clock rail
    • no need to drill some gay-ass hole in your upper (WTF, Noveske?)
    • and it is SOLID.
    • plus, DD offers them with cutouts for fixed front sights, so you know they're not just poser rails
    You don't "have to" drill a hole in your upper receiver to install a Noveske/SWS rail. I just installed a take off Noveske/SWS rail on my 16" .300 BLK upper. I didn't drill a hole in the upper and didn't use the pin Noveske had on it when it was on the Noveske/VLTOR MUR1 upper.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Does anyone have an estimated weight on the rail w/ the barrel nut?

Feedback Score
    I would like to see more options for fixed front sight bases. Mostly those that extend on the sides up to the front of the base itself. Until then, these are nice variations to add to the wide array of choices and a nice option for someone looking for a new rail, but there isn't enough going for it to swap anything I have now for one, especially at that price point.

OTOH, I am wanting to give a his single stage GI type trigger a try. See if it is that much better than my own variant. If it is and for my normal uses I would be very interested it purchasing these types of triggers over his Geissele line up.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by montrala View Post
    Because customer who ordered HK rail requested high strength QD (stronger than rail attachment) mounts, and M4 version is made "by the way". This kind of QD mount rises costs (handguard must be made thick then machined down, not just extruded), when not special request, no reason to put it here.
    Not correct.

Will Geissele told me that there was no room on the M4 rail for a 45 deg swivel. However, a bolt on one will be available for the rail.

Anyway, can't wait to get one for my next project

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Honestly, I really liked the 416 rail, but was only luke warm on the regular M4 rail without the qd swivels. Too many other choices for the M4. The 416 rail is truely unique.

Page 5 of 182 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast