Page 53 of 182 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: SHOT Show 2015 Pictures (From SMGLee)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    The color matching homos have a website... it's called AR15.com.

I dont mind the color match. Just wanted to see it before I get all my parts in

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Any reason why I can't get a 10-32 swivel stud and use one of the threaded inserts for my bi-pod mount on the MK1? Seems like it would be functionally superior to adding a rail section then an adapter, not to mention cheaper and better looking...

Thanks
    Last edited by smac61; 02-22-13 at 06:50.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by smac61 View Post
    Any reason why I can't get a 10-32 swivel stud and use one of the threaded inserts for my bi-pod mount on the MK1? Seems like it would be functionally superior to adding a rail section then an adapter, not to mention cheaper and better looking...

Thanks
    Hypothetically speaking, it could work if the screws fit. You also have to take into consideration that the threaded inserts may or may not wear out due to exerted forces/pressures being repeatedly placed on it when you load the bipod. Once one of the threaded inserts are damaged, there is no replacing that specific threaded insert.

Feedback Score

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    The color matching homos have a website... it's called AR15.com.
    Mark,
    I have all your stuff done for your new LWRC middy. The puce looks nice and all parts are the same shade. I'll email the tracking number.

Bill Tidler Jr.

...We have long maintained that the only accessories that a 1911 needs are a trigger you can manage, sights that you can see, and a dehorning job. That still goes.
    ~Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wetidlerjr View Post
    Mark,
    I have all your stuff done for your new LWRC middy. The puce looks nice and all parts are the same shade. I'll email the tracking number.
    Bill, make sure it has a pencil barrel and a BADD lever.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    That'll go in my high security safe with my collection of Olympic Arms carbines!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score

Talking

Bill Tidler Jr.

...We have long maintained that the only accessories that a 1911 needs are a trigger you can manage, sights that you can see, and a dehorning job. That still goes.
    ~Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Several key aspects go into making this Mk4 highly unique, and unlike any other rail out there...but this rail will be worth the price of admission based solely on the LW barrel nut design + rail hookup design.

Some of the other key aspects will be it's overall uber lightweight, nuke bomb proof design/materials, 5min. installation capable + field repair/replaceable, and lastly it's fully compatible with previous SMR model/s.

If the Mk4 hasn't already ruined me....it will for sure within the next range trip or two. The Mk4 will give the end user a significant amount more of the "wow" factor than even the amazing feeling/modular Mk1. Just like a SD-E's break releases a small narcotic effect every time you pull it....a Mk4 does much the same when handled.

For those of you waiting on this particular rail, rest assured that your gonna get one helluva awesome piece of kit.
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 02-25-13 at 23:31.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    That thing is TIGHT, FRESH, and the BOMB, yo! ... (and any other 1980s stupid expressions I can imagine!)

Have Geissele send me a pallet of those for testing!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    anyone know where I can get one?
    "you give peace a chance, I'll stay here and cover you, in case it doesn't work out"

Page 53 of 182 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast