Page 82 of 182 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132 ... LastLast

Thread: SHOT Show 2015 Pictures (From SMGLee)

Feedback Score
    Deleted.
    Last edited by Pinoykillaz; 04-29-13 at 18:32.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinoykillaz View Post
    I got tired playing hide n sick.. i purchased 2 kac urx just as good as mk4.. i got one more to build hopefuly he can wait for uncle bill.
    Dude, chill. Quality takes time, especially when they're changing locations and continually improving the design. You don't need to post every 2-3 days about how impatient you're getting.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I received my 9.5 MK4 yesterday and I'm extremely impressed with the machine work on this piece. The 135 and 225degree sections are very intricately done and I'm not sure they could have shaved off any more weight than they managed to do on this one. So lite.

I mocked it up on a 14.5 middy just to see what it looks like and it covers the last 1/3 of the gas block. Not usually a fan of this exposure but it turned out pretty well. (Would show off a Super Gas Block nicely if ever available... ) It also fit the MUR with no issues.

Question for anybody in the know: panel covers for these in the works? I'm not seeing how any existing ones would work in the thinned out middle sections without rails. There's just so little material there and no screw slots available. Just curious.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Great feedback, and thanks for contributing with first hand expierence.

No way to make any sort of attachment outside of your 3, 6, and 9 o'clock machined in pic rails at the front end.

I got rid of the bulky vfgs several yrs back, and really started to enjoy the handstops in that time period. That said, so much of the Mk4 imho is it's untouchable sleekness, and it definitely made me forget all about needing that super important VFG/handstop....or covers that will no doubt go tits up should the rifle see some real hard use.

The first thing that comes to mind when I think about the Mk4......The Hughes H-1 Racer with it's individually machined flush rivets that redefined the term "sleekness" for the entire aviation world.

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/3...hesh1racer.jpg
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 04-30-13 at 12:15.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ScatmanCrothers View Post
    I received my 9.5 MK4 yesterday and I'm extremely impressed with the machine work on this piece. The 135 and 225degree sections are very intricately done and I'm not sure they could have shaved off any more weight than they managed to do on this one. So lite.

I mocked it up on a 14.5 middy just to see what it looks like and it covers the last 1/3 of the gas block. Not usually a fan of this exposure but it turned out pretty well. (Would show off a Super Gas Block nicely if ever available... ) It also fit the MUR with no issues.

Question for anybody in the know: panel covers for these in the works? I'm not seeing how any existing ones would work in the thinned out middle sections without rails. There's just so little material there and no screw slots available. Just curious.
    Is this the gas block you are looking for?
    http://www.rogtac.com/geissele-sgb-tool-combo.html

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKfan View Post
    Is this the gas block you are looking for?
    http://www.rogtac.com/geissele-sgb-tool-combo.html
    Yeah that's the one. I saw that midway has them too without the punch, but with free ship the rogtac is the better deal.

Looks like a 'when it rains it pours' thing for Geissele. No complaints here

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    Deleted.
    Deleted
    Deleted.
    a former meatpuppet.

http://sixty-six.org

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by panzerr View Post
    droped my sword n done waiting.. thats my point... and yours?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Forgive me for not wading through 41 pages, but will the 9.5" fit behind a middy FSB? I suspect it is about a half inch too long.
    "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer."
    — Frank Zappa

If the gun goes dry I use my knife. If the knife breaks off I use my teeth. I have only one rule - Start one job and see it through - The universe will have to offer someone else the leftovers. Multi tasking doesn't work in business or in gunfighting.
    - Michael de Bethencourt

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I'm a fan of Rainier Arms, and look towards them usually first or second for anything I might need, and thus I feel ok posting this particular head ups even though I try not to get involved in the buying and selling part of the equation as it usually would be a conflict of interest imo.

Rainier Arms..... 9.5" Mk4 Blk

That's the exact rail next on my personal list

ETA: Dookie1481....these are the first Geissele 9.5" rails of any kind to my knowledge be it a Mk1-4, so it most likely hasn't been tried yet.
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 05-01-13 at 02:04.

Page 82 of 182 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132 ... LastLast