Thread: Form 1 Questions...

Feedback Score

Form 1 Questions...

I'm filling out my Form 1 to make my SBR. And I have questions regarding the following;

4a: Name and Location of Original Manufacturer of Firearm (Receiver)
    Since it's a CMMG lower, should I put CMMG, Inc. Fayette, MO. or does it need to include the full address?

4b: Type of Firearm to be made
    Short Barreled Rifle (that's a no brainer)

4c: Caliber, Gauge or Size
    For now, I want to stick a 5.56/.223 upper once approved, but what if I want to also have a 6.8 spc. Can I put multiple calibers or do I have to specify all possible calibers?

4d: Model
    AR-15

4e: Length of barrel
    10.3"

4f: Overall
    Since I have a collapsible stock on here, do I give the overall length with the stock at its shortest or the total maximum length with the stock extended? Example: 10.3" + 16.5" = 26.8" (with stock at shortest)

Any other things that you guys can help with to make sure that this doesn't get sent back for information not given or given incorrectly would greatly help.

Thanks in advance.

T.D.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    4b. I'd put "Short Bbl Rifle" (small diff, but I like putting it the way ATF does)

4d. I'd put the model rolled on the receiver. (M15-A2, for example on one of mine)

4f. Anything reasonable will be OK. I've read both full stock extension, and full stock closed position. In any case it's not a critical measurement. I forget what I put on mine.... I think fully extended.

The other stuff looks good though.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by demigod View Post
    4b. I'd put "Short Bbl Rifle" (small diff, but I like putting it the way ATF does)

4d. I'd put the model rolled on the receiver. (M15-A2, for example on one of mine)

4f. Anything reasonable will be OK. I've read both full stock extension, and full stock closed position. In any case it's not a critical measurement. I forget what I put on mine.... I think fully extended.

The other stuff looks good though.

What about 4c? Can I put on there "multiple calibers"?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TacDev View Post
    What about 4c? Can I put on there "multiple calibers"?
    Oops! That's the most important one!!

I MOST DEFINITELY would NOT do that. The common stance here is get it approved in .223, and write a letter stating your intent later.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by demigod View Post
    Oops! That's the most important one!!

I MOST DEFINITELY would NOT do that. The common stance here is get it approved in .223, and write a letter stating your intent later.
    Awesome! Now I have to get my passport pictures, fingerprint, and signature of the CLEO, and it's off to limbo land for the next couple months.

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Plan ahead.....take extra fingerprint cards for future transfers!!!!
    That way, on your next build, you can just drop off for your CLEO and not
    have to bother to be fingerprinted again. In my area that is the biggest hassle.
    My Sheriff said the talk around the water cooler was what I going to do with all those fingerprint cards??