Page 111 of 161 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1603

Thread: The GOP path to victory?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    I'd seal the Southern border using whatever works. People fixate on a wall, but I'm not so sure that it's the most effective method in all parts. Some places may be more amendable to a fence or some other deterrent. Hell, I think that land mines, machine gun nests, and organ procurement teams sound like a great method in high drug trafficking areas.

Where I differ from Anthony is my approach to legal immigration. Once the Southern border is sealed, I'd create 2 separate categories 1) guest workers 2) citizen track.

1) Guest workers would be a controlled means to fulfill low wage positions mainly in agriculture, construction, etc. on a TEMPORARY BASIS. The idea being that these guest worker positions would be phased out as our economy re-aligns over the next 10-30 years as Americans are better positioned to fill this positions. This will be a gradual process so that our economy doesn't go tits up by sudden changes in the labor base. Guest workers would not have access to SS, Medicare, Medicaid, or any federal welfare. States can decide if they want to give them state funded welfare (but the Feds will not bailout their budgets). There would be a ban on applications from high-risk countries. Guest workers will be required to purchase a minimum standard of health insurance that is available on the open market. Guest worker applications can only be made in person at the US Embassy in their home country. Those here illegally will be given a 1 year grace period to document their exit from the US, return to their home country, and apply for guest worker status. After the one year grace period, illegals will be introduced to the machine gun nests and organ procurement teams . The most important aspect of this is that guest worker visas will be gradually phased out per law. I might also consider a tax on employers who use the visas with stiffer penalties down the road.

2) Citizen track immigrantion will be run according to a point system much like Australia or NZ. Points are awarded for certain high demand professional fields, health status, young age, etc. Point values will be fluid and adjusted by the Dept of Labor depending on need.

The fact of the matter is we simply don't need any of these foreign people.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBK View Post
    The Republican Elitism is so thick in this thread it is gross. It really is kind of funny, though. You gentlemen, are very much out of touch with what is happening and I guess that would also equate to reality.

The campaign of Donald J. Trump has destroyed everything the GOP could muster up to derail it, and it has all been done at a fraction of the cost of several of the biggest campaigns put together. You know, Ted Cruz begs me several times a day to give him money. Trump has not asked for a dime. Ted Cruz has campaigned so poorly, that I almost feel defeated for him. I am almost embarrassed that I would chose to vote in the primary for a New York businessman over one of my own state's senators, but I realize that it is the fault of Cruz and not my own.

Trump has owned the media, and he is so far into the heads of the Republican Elitists that they literally cannot see nor speak straight (as seen right here).

Exactly.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Are you shitting me? 1) Have you ever been on a farm? 2) Paying a tax to buy some farmer machinery - how does that square with wanting to cut entitlements?

Sounds like you are advocating eugenics. Hey, why not do it even better and have a Lebensborn program of our own?

This extra labor is not needed.

50-60 million Americans on welfare that could be working.

As automation removes more jobs, less people are needed in the work force.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    This extra labor is not needed.

50-60 million Americans on welfare that could be working.

As automation removes more jobs, less people are needed in the work force.
    Well it creates some jobs, like programs, machinist/manufacturing sells, shipping, etc but to some degrees you are right, but those jobs are not needed and if they are American teens will do them for a good wage.

More over automated farm machines do not cause any problems that illegals do, nor do you have to worry about machines bloc voting for the dems and taking our rights away.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    [video=youtube;DnpO_RTSNmQ]Drumpf is a bigger flip-flopper than John Kerry. Drumpf's supporters have watched him support abortion, an assault weapons ban, bringing Syrian refugees into the US, ObamaCare, and white supremacists.
    So let me get this straight... Donald Trump has at one or more points in time 'said' he supports those things. Certainly a cautionary tale.

Hillary supports all of those things 100% of the time and has held official offices under USA law and voted to make them so. They are her reason to live. If elected POTUS she will take those ideals to new heights.

They will no longer simply be a comment that rolled off the lips of a real estate developer.

They will be goals toward the legacy of a suspected criminal to the USA. Those things you mention are Hillary's life blood.

Everyone here will rue the day Hillary gets elected in ways unimagined. I'll take my chances fighting the man with one arm tied behind his back instead. Maybe he hits me 50% of the time... maybe I convince him fighting is not in either of our best interests.

You don't make statements at the voting booth as an individual. You do so as team. There are only going to be two possible winners. A D and and R.

Pull the D and you will get screwed 100% of the time for the next 8 years. -- there will be no listening to reason here.

Pull the R and you may indeed have some very rough weather but you may have a chance to have reason heard.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 7.62NATO View Post
    Time to buy stripped lowers, BCGs, pmags, and Glock mags. There is NO way Trump will beat HRC in the general, not that one is more Hitleresque than the other.
    And your reason for this is....Based on what again?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I just hope the voter turn out we are seeing repeats itself in November. The Democ-Rats look like a no show compared to the GOP. Unless the libs are switching to influence the vote?

Rubio aND the Ohio Yankee need to throw in the towl. Too bad we can't vote certain candidates off the island as well.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I think you missed my point. That would be the next step.

I don't believe we have an immigration problem, we do have an ILLEGAL immigration problem.

We have a legal immigration problem. College grads can't get jobs. All the Indians/Chinese have all the low level STEM jobs. Wages are stagnant,.

We don't need these people. We have 320 million people we can choose from.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrysimons View Post
    **** Trump and **** your bullshit make America great agin revolution!

You Tump zealots have the audacity to pump this charlatan conservative and name everyone who calls his play BS an enemy. You can choke on a dick when all you get is a clown for a president and more backdoor Washington deals from him and is liberal buddies. So what if he shatters political correctness? Trump is not going to break the GOP establishment mold of growing government. He is going to rebrand it.
    So what have you "real conservatives" given us again?

Trade deals that have gutted and sent way manufacturing
    Immigration laws that are turning America into Latin America
    Bending over backwards for tax cuts for the off shores
    Starting wars for "other nations"
    And even when you have the power and win elections you never advance the goals/desires/needs of the base out of "muh principals".

You Neo Cons are all talk no action and guess what, we are done.

Time to elect real leaders, time to start compromising and run over the let.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippin' Jimmy View Post
    We people in this thread that don't like Trump don't much like Rubio or Kasich either so I'm not sure which RINOs you're referring to.
    Fine, Jimmy. The Rinos and you people are the only ones that have exhibited fanatical and uncompromising behavior.

It is worrisome that the soothsayers amongst us here are completely unwilling to admit or except that they could be wrong about Trump.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Page 111 of 161 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121 ... LastLast