Page 2 of 161 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: The GOP path to victory?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KalashniKEV View Post

The architects of this strategy are, of course, the same undercover Democrat party operatives that hijacked the TEA Party (Taxed-Enough-Already) and sabotaged it into the perverse hate machine it is today.

The TEA party is a perverse hate machine?
    Whiskey

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KTR03 View Post
    I guess you told me...SO pick the conservative of your choice and get them to 270... Its not about ideology or positions... its about electoral college math. Run the numbers for me. Which states does your guy - whoever that is - switch over to get to 270.
    There is no guarantee of 270, regardless of which GOP candidate we nominate. However, IF Kasich backs Cruz and delivers Iowa, and Bush/Rubio back Cruz and deliver Florida, it's doable. If they get pissy and go home with their tiny balls, then that means they don't want to win, which some of us suspect they'd prefer doing.

Long story short, we tried it their way twice and it didn't work. Now it's time they tried it OUR way.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post
    The TEA party is a perverse hate machine?
    According to the DNC and the leftist media? Yes.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    There is no guarantee of 270, regardless of which GOP candidate we nominate. However, IF Kasich backs Cruz and delivers Iowa, and Bush/Rubio back Cruz and deliver Florida, it's doable. If they get pissy and go home with their tiny balls, then that means they don't want to win, which some of us suspect they'd prefer doing.

Long story short, we tried it their way twice and it didn't work. Now it's time they tried it OUR way.
    I'm not seeing Kasich, Rubio or Bush assisting anyone but themselves.
    I think Bush has already mentioned Third Party.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    GOP will "win" big this fall, I was a Trump supporter at first. Not anymore, he may revive the Republican Party but not in a way I wish to see. Cruz is looking like a long shot, but he is our best choice at this point, Rubio would be the second best choice. The democrats have no chance in hell of winning against either of the top 3 Republicans.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eightmillimeter View Post
    If the GOP would stop beating dead horses of abortion and gay marriage they could run 3/4 of the table. I mean seriously. The people it would piss off will still vote R at the end of the day. How many court decisions and laws in favor of those two issues have to pass before they realize it's not worth the fight.
    Yeah, well, when fed.gov stops subsidizing legalized murder with my tax dollars, then this republican will stop beating the dead horse (or is that beating the dead fetus?) of abortion. Wanna kill your child in utero? Go for it, but pay for it your own damn self.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba FAL View Post
    Yeah, well, when fed.gov stops subsidizing legalized murder with my tax dollars, then this republican will stop beating the dead horse (or is that beating the dead fetus?) of abortion. Wanna kill your child in utero? Go for it, but pay for it your own damn self.
    Your government is going to start subsidizing the murder of you personally if we don't right the ship with electable (and I mean that not in a Romney sort of way) candidates.

Get a GOP nominee on TV saying "I support a woman's decision to abort her baby and won't sign any legislation making it harder to do so". Who gives a shit if he is lying? The left does it all the time about guns. Why don't we about abortion and homos?
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    GOP victory or not- nothing is changing in reality, just slowing a bit, maybe.

Here is something I wrote a Year or so ago thinking about where we've been headed and looking back in time at similar moments in known history.

"The world has moved on.

Liberty is dying- all but dead; existing in the minds of few. Faith is considered evil. Up is down. Right is wrong.

There is a way to stop the madness- but too many folks (Even those who understand and "get it") are complacent, have too much to "lose" and just want to be comfortable whilst watching the death of a Republic and the death of what is Just and Right.

The ship is sinking. It's going down. We are all on it. Some are actively trying to sink it, others are trying to stop it, and still others are too comfortable and have too much to lose to do anything about it. Just enjoy the downfall and embrace the chaos that is soon to usher us into oblivion.

And here I am sinking along with you all going mad not being able to do anything myself other than have a tiny voice- easily ignored and discarded as "Radical" or "racist" or "____phobic".

Nothing will change enough to stop the ship from sinking until those that have the ability and the responsibility- spill blood to affect change. That is a fact. A hard one to accept. Even harder to act upon- but a fact nonetheless.

So we shall go down in history as those with the means to go out with a bang, but instead chose to go out with a whimper. The last guards of the Republic leaving post and laying down.

An assisted suicide of the greatest magnitude.

The world has moved on."
    Last edited by THCDDM4; 01-21-16 at 18:44. Reason: FVck it. Delete it if you like.
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    I'm not seeing Kasich, Rubio or Bush assisting anyone but themselves.
    I think Bush has already mentioned Third Party.
    I agree. They'd rather watch Hillary win the nomination and spend the next 4 year blaming Trump, when in fact it was THEIR failure to coalesce around the GOP nominee and support the party.

See how that works?
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by eightmillimeter View Post
    If the GOP would stop beating dead horses of abortion and gay marriage they could run 3/4 of the table. I mean seriously. The people it would piss off will still vote R at the end of the day. How many court decisions and laws in favor of those two issues have to pass before they realize it's not worth the fight.
    If they backed down on abortion, I would not vote for them

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    I agree. They'd rather watch Hillary win the nomination and spend the next 4 year blaming Trump, when in fact it was THEIR failure to coalesce around the GOP nominee and support the party.

See how that works?
    And on the other side of that us Trump coming out with Palin as a supporter and Cruz doing the same with Glen Beck, WTF are these guys thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by jesuvuah View Post
    If they backed down on abortion, I would not vote for them
    Really?, Because I'm agreeing with Eurodriver on this one, I don't care what they say to get elected. We are at a serious crossroad and if one vote loses this to Hillary, we're screwed.
    Last edited by Averageman; 01-21-16 at 17:14.

Page 2 of 161 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast