Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CAI C39v2 Zhukov AK47

Feedback Score

CAI C39v2 Zhukov AK47

I want one and plan to buy one. This will be my first AK. I have a few AR's and have wanted a decent AK as well. I like the Magpul Zhukov furniture and the side folding stock is a plus (not a fan of the underfolders). The "better" Arsenal and Krebs are out of my price range. The intended use will be carrying in the car for defensive use and as another defensive rifle at home, though probably not my primary. Primary is a 6920 and a Remington 11-87P. I just hope to enjoy shooting it.

Tell me what you think? Pro Con... Everything I have reviewed is favorable of the C39v2. I'm not worried about the additional weight of the milled receiver and the Zhukov furniture. The Green Mountain 4140 Nitride treated barrel is good and also the Wolff springs. The new Century trigger gets good reviews. I'm having trouble finding a reason not to buy. What do you think?

Feedback Score
    Just a suggestion, but you may want to look into DDI's line of AK's. Atlantic Firearms carries them and they're right around the same price as the Century U.S. Made guns with the same Magpul furniture options. I personally would buy a DDI gun before a Century (In fact I just recently did), but maybe that's just because too many Century horror stories with their other firearms has tainted my view of them. Just something to consider if your in the mood for a little reading.

Feedback Score
    Thanks, I was originally looking for a DDI. They have the same Zhukov model with a stamped receiver instead of the milled receiver. Problem is that I can't find anyone with it in stock. Atlantic offers a good price but they have no stock. I've been waiting and checking for a while now and am getting impatient. Is the Century really that bad? It seems that the newer C39v2 is getting good reviews compared to the original C39.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Century's proprietary side rail on these new guns are a deal-killer for me. If I can't use it to mount an RS Regulate mount, I'm not interested!
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    The C39v2 does not come with a rail. The stamped RAS models do. That's one of the only complaints I have heard about the C39v2 is that there is no rail. With the milled receiver it would not be hard to add a rail if I wanted to.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CobraBG View Post
    The C39v2 does not come with a rail. The stamped RAS models do. That's one of the only complaints I have heard about the C39v2 is that there is no rail. With the milled receiver it would not be hard to add a rail if I wanted to.
    Forgive my flippancy, but... o rly?
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    Forgive my flippancy, but... o rly?
    Thanks for the link. I was not aware of that rail. If it comes with that I agree with you... I don't want it. Everything I have looked at shows that side of the receiver with no rail. That's why I am thinking I can add a rail (of my choice) if I want to. Here is a link to pictures on Atlantic's website.

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/comp....html?Itemid=0

Feedback Score
    I'm thinking that only the new SBR version comes with the proprietary Century rail. Everything I have researched on the regular C39v2 talks about there being no rail. Thanks again for the information. I was not aware of the SBR version.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CobraBG View Post
    Thanks, I was originally looking for a DDI. They have the same Zhukov model with a stamped receiver instead of the milled receiver. Problem is that I can't find anyone with it in stock. Atlantic offers a good price but they have no stock. I've been waiting and checking for a while now and am getting impatient. Is the Century really that bad? It seems that the newer C39v2 is getting good reviews compared to the original C39.
    I saw the magpul DDI in stock at classic firearms recently, also at copper customs if I recall

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldozer3 View Post
    I saw the magpul DDI in stock at classic firearms recently, also at copper customs if I recall
    Thanks for the tip. I just checked and all the DDI distributors are out of stock.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast