Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CAI C39v2 Zhukov AK47

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CobraBG View Post
    I'm thinking that only the new SBR version comes with the proprietary Century rail. Everything I have researched on the regular C39v2 talks about there being no rail. Thanks again for the information. I was not aware of the SBR version.
    I believe you are correct for the 2015 C39V2s, but I think the 2016 C39V2s are getting the rail... along with the stamped US-made Century AK, the RAS47 (per AKOU, IIRC).
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    I believe you are correct for the 2015 C39V2s, but I think the 2016 C39V2s are getting the rail... along with the stamped US-made Century AK, the RAS47 (per AKOU, IIRC).
    Correct. The C39v2s will start shipping with that rail around March. Currently available C39v2s do not have a rail.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vintovka View Post
    Correct. The C39v2s will start shipping with that rail around March. Currently available C39v2s do not have a rail.
    Then I guess I need to purchase one soon if I cannot find the DDI version I started looking for. I would rather install a "normal" rail than work with the proprietary version. Thanks for the info.

Feedback Score
    As soon as I can get my hands on one I'll be making a mount for their rail as well.

Feedback Score
    I have the c39 v1. Like many others, I did have the issue with the bolt mushrooming and peening. Century apparently had a problem with hardness/heat treating, but have since fixed the problem. Anyhow, I ended up contacting Century and they replaced everything. Since then, I've had no problems at all. I've added the wolf spring, and the dog leg rail, and I've really enjoyed this ak.

Feedback Score
    121 (100%)
    I have a C39v2 Zhukov, and mine has been GTG. I would like a side rail, but I am adding a Ultimak for now. Yes CIA will be releasing the C39v2 with a proprietary mount that isnt a qd in March, it comes wuth a Micro T1 style mount, and as soon as they perfect a QD side tail that will return to zero they will be switching to that. My hope is they will either sell or retrofit my C39v2 with the new QD mount when its availible, but other than it not having a side rail (which many other AK's dont include, but whe CIA does it its the end of the world to some), it can be worked around, or a competent gunsmith can install one.
    "Fear The Man With Only One Rifle"

Feedback Score
    I wanted to provide an update. I have purchased the Century C39v2 Zhukov. Based on the initial inspection everything looks very good. The only issue was a loose MOE grip which I tightened. The screw looked pretty stripped. I will probably replace the screw and add some blue Loctite. Does anyone know what the thread is? I can check it with a thread gauge, just thought I would ask.

Overall I am please with the purchase. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, had to go out of town for work. I'm looking forward to some range time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12