Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SR-25 with M-LOK and Proof Research barrel?!

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drummer View Post
    Since you said "mostly" what you want, what changes would you make to the ACC/APC?
    Solider Systems posted a rumor that the HK G28 made the down select for the CSASS program. Can you comment on whether the KAC submission was also down selected?
    Lastly, is there any idea on when orders will be taken on the SR25 M-Lok models?
    I change some minor things on the guns that I shoot personally, and I would prefer to extend those minor changes across the line. That said, there are always concerns about outside sources with regard to pricing stability, availability, delivery schedule, testing, work instruction changes, etc., that makes it more of an effort than most would think to change some simple things based on individual preference.

As far as CSASS goes, I cannot divulge information about an ongoing government program. I can only say that what I have right now I consider to be superior to the submission.

Dealers should be able to place orders for the released products presently, but I will have to confirm with my commercial guys.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChunkNorris View Post
    Bravo Sir... Bra-vo.. think there's a LMT MWS in my safe that needs to make way for something with a SR and 25 in the name.
    As much as I want an MLOK SR25 ACC I would never sell my MWS to get one. That said, the MWS is currently set up in a DMR configuration, and when I get an ACC I would likely set it up in a more traditional battle rifle configuration.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

SR-25 with M-LOK and Proof Research barrel?!

Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    As much as I want an MLOK SR25 ACC I would never sell my MWS to get one. That said, the MWS is currently set up in a DMR configuration, and when I get an ACC I would likely set it up in a more traditional battle rifle configuration.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    I see exactly what you're saying. The MWS is God awfully heavy and even though it's going on a diet, I can def see where the SR25 would fill that role for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TheChunkNorris; 01-26-16 at 14:47.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Don't sell your MWS!

The barrel reconfigure feature ALONE makes it a keeper!
    MWS might be heavy but it's a healthy heavy.
    Just take time and save.

Still curious about the Proof barrel. I would think it would make it lighter. Nothing is perfect but it's interesting.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I was able to check out the ACC at SHOT last week, it is definitely on the buy list.
    Product Manager at Magpul Industries

This is a personal account linked to a personal e-mail. Company affiliation and titles are provided purely for transparency requirements of the host site. Although factual company information may be shared through this account, any opinions expressed are solely those of the account holder, and not necessarily those of Magpul Industries or subsidiaries.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    I change some minor things on the guns that I shoot personally, and I would prefer to extend those minor changes across the line. That said, there are always concerns about outside sources with regard to pricing stability, availability, delivery schedule, testing, work instruction changes, etc., that makes it more of an effort than most would think to change some simple things based on individual preference.

As far as CSASS goes, I cannot divulge information about an ongoing government program. I can only say that what I have right now I consider to be superior to the submission.

Dealers should be able to place orders for the released products presently, but I will have to confirm with my commercial guys.
    Thanks for the response.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Some wrong stuff in that article.
    NOT hammer forged barrel. 5r cut-rifled, as noted on the placard. It would be really odd to cut-rifle a hammer forged barrel.
    No, it is not what was submitted for CSASS. While I cannot discuss an ongoing gov program, I can say that I prefer the current ACC and APC over what was submitted. In short, the program forced us to push weight into places we didn't want to, remove weight from places we wanted, and forced some dimensions that we didn't find optimal. What we have separate from the program is mostly what we want.

I don't know if the QDC/CQB can is the smallest and lightest combat rated suppressor on the market. It is the smallest and lightest 7.62 suppressor that we currently offer.

As far as the ITAR and photographs go (from the comments), our compliance folks err heavily on the side of caution, especially true beginning a few years ago, which prompted the ITAR warning signs. Back when a bunch of companies got hit for various seemingly silly reasons, we remained unaffected. We "prohibit" photography to limit non-customers from having easy access to detailed information with which to reproduce our products and to reduce the number of poor photographs of heavily handled products out in the wild. We provide a press-pack on request.
    Not that I would dream of question the engineering coming out of KAC, but I'm a little curious why cut rifled over CHF? Would the CHF barrel not yield better durability?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    Not that I would dream of question the engineering coming out of KAC, but I'm a little curious why cut rifled over CHF? Would the CHF barrel not yield better durability?
    KAC has done many cut rifled barrels in the past vs hammer forged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    Because we do everything on the 7.62 barrels in house, and we're not doing 7.62 CHF in house yet. We've got a good formula with what we have and we aren't going to change it until sufficient testing has been carried out and evaluated.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Because we do everything on the 7.62 barrels in house, and we're not doing 7.62 CHF in house yet. We've got a good formula with what we have and we aren't going to change it until sufficient testing has been carried out and evaluated.
    Certainly makes sense, thank you for the explanation.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast