Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: 600 yard steel shooting with 5.56 - 9/2/2017 - Sub MOA @ 1000 (lol but for real)

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I took the subject rifle of this thread to a PRS match.

It wasn't until the third stage that I realized I had been using a 200y zero for my holds when the scope had recently been reset to a 100y zero.

I wouldn't have won - but I would've been top 5 for sure. Still, 16th out of 37 people and I shot 3/7 stages with an incorrect dope? What's that say about them
    Good shooting! Do you compete with the rifle suppressed?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

It wasn't until the third stage that I realized I had been using a 200y zero for my holds when the scope had recently been reset to a 100y zero.

I wouldn't have won - but I would've been top 5 for sure. Still, 16th out of 37 people and I shot 3/7 stages with an incorrect dope? What's that say about them
    Funny stuff. That’s kind of crap I would do. My favorite waste of ammo is not dialing back down after a long range session. Line up next session to check zero, boom, clean paper. Oops.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    Funny stuff. That’s kind of crap I would do. My favorite waste of ammo is not dialing back down after a long range session. Line up next session to check zero, boom, clean paper. Oops.
    If I had a dollar for every time I pulled that move. My slow mind goes " oh shit what happened BAFFLE STRIKE- loose scope rings / base or....I could just turn the turret back to zero". To make things worse, our 1,300 yard target is exactly 10 mils on the 300's with a NF 10 mil per revolution.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

Dude, I came off a PRS stage and forgot to pull my elevation off and went into a hold-over stage with like 2.5 mils spun on. Went off the stage without successfully engaging 2 targets, when it should have been a "how fast can you do it stage". Cost me significantly. It's the simple shit that gets you in the end. Day one stuff.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Onyx Z View Post
    You still shooting the 77gr XBR load?
    Onyx,
    Do you mind sharing this load? I'm loading the XBR at 23.4gr w/ 77gr SMK and Wolf SRM primers. The SMK shoots a little better than the Nosler CC in my guns.
    Thanks,
    Eric

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Euro,
    You still using the SHV? Is it the 4-14X50? What would you recommend for a 14.5" Centurion barrel that I want to stretch out to 5-600?
    Thanks,
    Eric

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigereye View Post
    Onyx,
    Do you mind sharing this load? I'm loading the XBR at 23.4gr w/ 77gr SMK and Wolf SRM primers. The SMK shoots a little better than the Nosler CC in my guns.
    Thanks,
    Eric
    It is similar. I use CCI450's mainly, but the Wolf SRM primers give similar results. TMK's work well with this load as well.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I'll order up some TMK's and give it a go.
    Thanks

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Nice shooting.

What it says is that many think they can win the game with gear. While quality gear is a plus, only trigger time will win matches.
    "The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." John Steinbeck

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigereye View Post
    Onyx,
    Thanks,
    Eric
    FYI, 23.4 8208 behind a 77 is above the max listed load of 23.2 on Hodgdon's website. That being said, my experience is that 8208 works best near or exceeding max loads and that is where I run it.

I have played with the TMK and didn't find that it was worth the extra money spent. If I were shooting at a competition level, where 1/8th MOA would make a difference, then maybe that would be the bullet of choice.

Nosler is introducing a 77 RDF which hopefully will shoot well in an AR chamber. The 70 RDF shoots great in one of my 223 bolt guns, where I can seat the bullet into the lands, but I think the ogive is too sharp for the long jump to the throat required of an AR.
    "The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." John Steinbeck

Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast