Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: 600 yard steel shooting with 5.56 - 9/2/2017 - Sub MOA @ 1000 (lol but for real)

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    heh, yea, I can't shoot as well as you and didn't expect you to build a legitimate precision AR15 so I'm going to sling a little bit of mud and not return to this thread.

/butthurt af
    To imply I am cherry picking groups is an arrogant thing to say especially when I've posted a solid 6 months worth of range time in this thread and many groups are greater than MOA at 500 and beyond. Most included windy conditions, but all were smaller than your "EXCELLENT shooters struggle to hold 2MOA" statement. Maybe your standards are just really low because you don't get out and shoot the gun? Go shoot the gun. Feel free to PM me anytime for an invite and we can go work on fundamentals together. I enjoy it.

I was going to post that next time I'd shoot multiple ten shot groups and shoot them at the same target over and over so you could see more than one, but then I remembered I've already done that.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 09-23-16 at 12:14.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Edited
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 09-23-16 at 12:14. Reason: :)

Feedback Score
    I'm glad you're back Euro. It got boring during your time out.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Eurodriver, while in the Marine Corps, did you have marksmanship training in addition to grunt training given to everybody or maybe participate on a rifle competition team?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by williejc View Post
    Eurodriver, while in the Marine Corps, did you have marksmanship training in addition to grunt training given to everybody or maybe participate on a rifle competition team?
    I was a marksmanship instructor trainer and I competed terribly in PacDiv matches...with rack grade M16A4s and M855. Nothing terribly special, such as the guys in the AMU

Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    heh, yea, I think this thread really speaks for itself. You have unbelievable accuracy every time you shoot the gun. Congrats!

/unsub
    Unbelievable accuracy indeed. 8" Gong. 600 yards. ~30mph gusts. Feel free to reach out any time if you want lessons.

Last edited by Eurodriver; 11-20-16 at 18:38.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Is that the same range where the BR guys were trying to get you to participate? Those look like pretty standard benches for a BR range.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by masan View Post
    Is that the same range where the BR guys were trying to get you to participate? Those look like pretty standard benches for a BR range.
    Yeppers.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Euro-What barrel profile did you go with?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Strictly a recommendation only (since you don't seem to have any problem hitting the plates) would be to use proper highpower rifle targets.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    As it sits today:

I'm considering upgrading the optic to a USO or S&B, but I am unsure the paint will come off the Nightforce. I don't have a need for it, and don't want to have to sell it for $500. Decisions...

Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    Euro-What barrel profile did you go with?
    20" HBAR

Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    Strictly a recommendation only (since you don't seem to have any problem hitting the plates) would be to use proper highpower rifle targets.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Thanks sinister. I'm struggling to find the dimensions of that target. Is the x ring 6"? And the 10 ring 12"?

I have a 1000yd IBRS target available anytime. The X ring is 3" and 10 ring is 7". It's 42"x42" but I'd be lucky to get a score of 50 out of 10 rounds at that target at a grand. At 600 I'd need to bring wood and a sledge hammer and a staple gun to set a HP target up, not impossible, but I also don't have an actual NRA 600yd high power target handy either.

I may make my own target to those specs (6" x-ring and 12" 10 ring) and shoot today. It's supposed to be very windy (10-20mph gusts) so it will be a good challenge.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 12-29-16 at 07:36.

Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast