Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 LastLast

Thread: 600 yard steel shooting with 5.56 - 9/2/2017 - Sub MOA @ 1000 (lol but for real)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Thanks guys for the tips about zeroing the BDC reticle at 3-400. Guessing I could zero the post for 300 at 25y to get close then adjust to confirm at 300? If I go that route is there away to account for that with the Strelok Pro app?

I was back at the range today and gave this another try. I'm including a few pics here. I used a backpack stuffed with a few hoodies and a sand bag to help stabilize the rifle. I was able to make a few hits this time (well assuming anyway). I couldn't see the gong swinging and couldn't hear the impact. Next time I'm going to grab some paint and cover up all the existing hits and start fresh. I'm pretty certain I was hitting it as I held my same hold and shot off to the left into the dirt and my brother and I could see the impacts. He was using some 10x binoculars.

It was a little underwhelming not being able to hear or see the hits. Is this likely because it's 24" and my rounds are not enough to get some kind of audible report back or cause it to sway? As Euro hinted at, 24" is hardly precision at 480y and I realize that. What would be a good size to aquire, I was thinking of getting g a 10 or 12".

Again, thanks for the feed back. It's much appreciated!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    You should be able to make that gong at least move if you hit it, and you should definitely be able to hear impacts. We hear impacts on steel out to 630 yards with 223. Are you using electronic ear pro? Is it a busy range?

I got my rifle back from Cerakote. It was done by arfcom member Ankratz. He did a great job. Great comms.

I was sick of the paint coming off on my face when I was wearing Deet bug spray. It was also sticky on the grip. Spray paint is just messy.

Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Euro, that came out really nice!

The range was not too busy, and I'm using the Impact Sport for my ear pro. Next time I go I won't screw around, I'll put a fresh coat of paint on the gong and confirm what I'm doing.

Also going to try to pick up some of my own steel targets so I can place where I want.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post

I got my rifle back from Cerakote. It was done by arfcom member Ankratz. He did a great job. Great comms.

That looks sharp!
    "The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." John Steinbeck

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    You should be able to make that gong at least move if you hit it, and you should definitely be able to hear impacts. We hear impacts on steel out to 630 yards with 223. Are you using electronic ear pro? Is it a busy range?

I was sick of the paint coming off on my face when I was wearing Deet bug spray. It was also sticky on the grip. Spray paint is just messy.

That looks great. And yes, deet keeps the bugs away but will destroy paint and probably melt plastic.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Got my NF ATACR 5-25 FFP F1 mounted.

Just sent the mount and some magazines off to get cerakoted.

Weighs in at 15lb 14oz!

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)

Weighs in at 15lb 14oz!
    That looks real good. I see you also upgraded the scope mount. Very nice.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    A crows nest gun to be sure. 15lbs mamma mia!

And worth it...
    Last edited by Firefly; 07-12-19 at 15:44.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The #1 thing I learned was that I need to get a real caliber for that kind of work. 600 is no problem but 850 in strong wind is ridiculous. So I’m shopping for a 6.5CM.
    Nice rifle and shooting! Checked out any interesting 6.5 CM options yet?

Also worth checking 6 CM if you're into PRS, seems like the last couple years a lot of PRS competitors have moved to 6 CM.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Weighs in at 15lb 14oz!
    Very very sweet looking rig. I think with that large can and long barrel it looks great. You never know until they get mounted. That two tone color scheme is bad ass.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 LastLast