Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bravo Company USA @ SHOT 201 by SMGLee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Bravo Company USA @ SHOT 201 by SMGLee

BCM debuted their polymer KeyMod handguards and revised BCM Gunfighter stock with a cheek piece.

Some have stated the Keymod design could never be made in a polymer handguard, so BCM proved the statement incorrect by embedding steel inserts into the polymer handguard.

Something new coming your way

Eric K. and Paul B. Of BCM

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    SMGLee, does the picture of the gunfighter stock with cheekrest and polymer handguard in a darker tan color show a new color option, or is it just an artifact of the photography? It looks like HK/KAC "Taupe" and I like it!!
    "The secret to happiness is freedom, and the secret to freedom is courage." - Thucydides, c. 410 BC

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Looks like some great design work, can't wait to get those handguards!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I am all over that handguard too when is available. I hope they put out the cheek pieces to retrofit the Mod 0.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Is that a new mod of the stock

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    That stock may be the ticket, and I am sure those polymer handguards will sell like hotcakes. SMGLee, why no pics of the BCM762?
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Anybody have an estimation on when the handguard will be available?

Feedback Score
    Will the new handguards work with a triangular handguard cap?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SMGLee View Post

Some have stated the Keymod design could never be made in a polymer handguard, so BCM proved the statement incorrect by embedding steel inserts into the polymer handguard.
    Not meant as a hijack just a clarification. Magpul has stated specifically, "Keymod's use of a conical nut makes it unsuitable for non metal mount surfaces such as MOE handguard applications." This is validated by BCM's decision to include metal in their polymer handguard as the supporting structure for the Keymod interface.

Again nothing against Keymod. If your are sold on keymod the inclusion of a metal support is the smart (albeit expensive) way to add it to a polymer handguard opposed to an all polymer construction.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMGLee View Post
    BCM debuted their polymer KeyMod handguards and revised BCM Gunfighter stock with a cheek piece.

No offense, but I think its worth mentioning. I would say BCM confirmed metal must be used.

It is not fair to draw comparison to M-Lok products that need NO metal. The point of no metal is lowered production cost. BCM has managed to reinforce a plastic hand guard with metal. Unlike heat shields in standard hand guards, these are load bearing and their placement requires accuracy and strength. I'll be interested in price point, but I'm not sure the value will be there.

I understand BCM is protecting their investment in KeyMod by not offering Mlok, but as more and more big companies go M-Lok I hope BCM decides to offer a Mlok KMR, I didn't expect to see one this year. But I hope in the years to come BCM will diversify their product line with an Mlok rail.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast