Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bravo Company USA @ SHOT 201 by SMGLee

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Hey Bravo Company,

The new products look good, and thank you SMGLee for the peak.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BravoCompanyUSA View Post
    Thank you for pics Chen!

The new stock shown is the Mod 0-SOPMOD to indicate the wider SOPMOD style cheek-weld, and yes the cheek piece is backwards compatible for those who own the Mod 0-slick/original. Stock is coming in spring in black, colors in summer, cheek piece separately probably in summer. Stock is still super light like the original design.

PKMR Handguards will work with triangle handguard cap for middy, round for carbine, and has a snap in adaptor to do the reverse. As far as costs, the PKMR will retail in mid to high $30 range. It is pretty narrow in diameter and ergos. Feels along the lines of a KMR with panels on when you grab it.
    The PKMR metal molded insert placed into the mold when the handguards are molded. Same as any QD sling mount on stock, or most fastener mounted buttpads, etc. ETA on the PKMR is sometime in this spring.

As far as BCM going "all out at Magpul", nothing could be further from the truth. Magpul is a excellent company and we carry their products. BCM had some very different project designs, new product plans, and direction a few years ago before MLock came out. We had designs in the pipeline for multiple different types of handguards systems, multiple AR platform OEM enhancements, new upper group designs, complete M4 reinvented rifle, 21 century AK type new weapon system, some redesign striker fired pistol concepts, and even folding and auto knife design. We even have a 556 polymer mag that could resolve a lot of poly mag issues, but pushed the design out of the pipeline to pursue more “outside the box” parts of the industry. But once MLock was released I read a post right here on M4C where the poster said something to the effect of; “Magpul’s vertical grip is $20, BCM is $40 (KM)…I would choose MLock”. That was a good eye opener. I begrudgingly turned to the engineering team and said we now are forced to completely switch our direction, shift our resources (time and money) and build KeyMod products in those consumer budgets. We had to enter some products into the space that was traditionally filled and we expected to be filled by Magpul, otherwise the KeyMod option had would not be viable. So that was the birth of $18 KeyMod Vert Grips, $18 Hand Stops, certain simple light mounts, and the $35-ish PKMR, as a simpler option in KM. (even mass produce KM nuts at a wicked price for a good chunk of the industry)
    As far as MLock itself we have never commented on it and have nothing against it or putting products in that space. Don’t directly have much info on it, as Bravo Company has never been approached or asked by Magpul to make anything MLock. There are plenty of “vs” threads for folks to argue the features and benefits of each system. We don’t have anything “invested” in KeyMod technology, we could machine key slots the same as rectangular slots. We are not married to the KeyMod technology itself, as we don’t own it. You own it. Everyone reading this post owns it. You own the KeyMod TDP. Vltor did that by design, so that as an open source technology, American design and innovation would be at max RPM and the industry and consumer would be better for it.

Thank you to everyone for their interest in the new BCM offerings!
    Paul
    Thanks for the input, Paul!

And since you mentioned AK's, I'm finally going to make the request I've been hanging onto for quite some time.... Mod 3 AK grips, pretty please?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    A BCM 21st Century new AK type weapon system . . . I just got wood.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    43 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBK View Post
    Hey Bravo Company,

Ha ... that is what I though of as well

-Bryan

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Man, BCM is an awesome company. That's all I have to say

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Great pics. I'm looking forward to trying the new stock.

Feedback Score
    43 (98%)
    I am looking forward to the handguard. I bought a BCM 14.5 mid length recently (along with a 14.5 ELW KMR-A) just so I could buy this handguard

-Bryan

Feedback Score
    18 (91%)
    Want stock nooooooooooow
    rcsperformanceonline.com

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    A BCM 21st Century new AK type weapon system . . . I just got wood.
    Yeah that's interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Yeah that's interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This completely got my attention. What a classy response by Paul BTW. I expect it from BCM, but it still takes me by pleasant surprise each time.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast