Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which 300BLK SBR would you get?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    AAC is the way to go if you can find them. Word from SHOT is they are out of the SBR game and are just going to sell uppers. I agree with domestique I would avoid the DD. The Liberty Leonidas is insanely quiet but is also a long can.
    I don't even think they are making uppers any more. My local dealer said the uppers where discontinued from the three distributers he works with that carry AAC products.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by damcv62 View Post
    I don't even think they are making uppers any more. My local dealer said the uppers where discontinued from the three distributers he works with that carry AAC products.
    To say the move kicked their ass would be the understatement of the decade.

Feedback Score
    I am looking at this

blackout on steroids

http://www.6mmar.com/30_ARX.php

Feedback Score
    I built mine with a Noveske 8.2" barrel and a Daniel Defense 7.0 Lite rail. If I were to do it again, I'd stick in the 8-9" range, but go with a Samson Evolution rail like I put on my 9mm. I would also suggest not getting a rail that covers any portion of the can. I did that with the 9mm and it's cool.... but causes more issues than it solves.

8.2" 300BLK:

7.5" 9mm w/ Samson Rail:

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wct097 View Post
    I would also suggest not getting a rail that covers any portion of the can. I did that with the 9mm and it's cool.... but causes more issues than it solves.
    What issues? I am considering using a 9" barrel under an ALG 10" hand-guard with a silencerco harvester threaded on for my next build and would like to know about potential problems in advance.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tigershilone View Post
    What issues? I am considering using a 9" barrel under an ALG 10" hand-guard with a silencerco harvester threaded on for my next build and would like to know about potential problems in advance.
    Heat. The adapter (in my case, maybe not with all cans) unscrewing from the can rather than the barrel when pulling it out. Not being able to use the gun without the can unless you want to risk injury by putting your hand in front of the muzzle.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    KAC factory SBR.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'll throw a monkey wrench in.

SIG MCX!
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I pieced my 8.3" 300 upper together, but that was before BCM released theirs. If I were to do it over again, I'd go with BCM and call it good.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I'll throw a monkey wrench in.

SIG MCX!
    Are the SBRs shipping?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast