Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: $1.7 BILLION in cash to Iran.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    You love W now? Jeb make you think that W wasn't the dumbest and incompetent Bush brother?
    As an American, I demand justice for the Iraq war. There should be a period of truth and reconciliation, followed by punishment for the Guilty, and then we should all move on as a nation.

Calling that "hating Bush" is no different than calling my opposition to the Affordable Care Act, "Racism."

Most folks can recognize this type of BS immediately as a bizarre non-sequitur, but SO many Americans have been brainwashed by the Partisan Hate Machine to shut off their brains, seek out opposition views to whatever pole you swear allegiance, classify those views as "the other," and then mindlessly rage against the other... it's become the norm. Idiocracy is here.

I can't recall you saying anything positive about Sunnis, which I did find odd.
    You never really noticed that I'm a bit of a... Saddam-ist?

I used to roll with some Sunni cats... real bad mother****ers... prior to the Anbar Awakening (al Safwa) even...

According to my Shia bros, I'm Pro-Sunni.

In Arlington, I'm called some kind of a Right-winger... some in this Forum have called me Left...

My views have been very consistent, and there is a simple key to understanding where I'm coming from- I am purely in support of the National Interest.

My tribe is al Amriki... not Black, Jew, 1%-er, Statist, Labor, or other.

I place the National Interest above all else, and I am also a vocal opponent (with all rights respected) of fringe radicalism, especially when it is openly expressed in society.

I seem to remember that your position was that there were no non-radical/ISIS Sunni forces fighting Assad.
    This is true.

The "moderate rebels" are as much of a myth in Syria as they were in Libya when they decided they'd exterminate the kuffar than go have a float in the pool with Stevens.

This is after we armed them, funded them, and gave them the safety to grow by creating the "No Fly Zone."

Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    If you want to take over via a coup and operate like a bunch of pirates, don't ask the rule of law to return the money you couldn't steal because it was invested outside of the Country you stole.
    This is SUPER interesting and something to explore...

Did you know that it was only 7 years after the Framers "stole" the United States from Jolly Old England that British merchants and Royalists got their $$$ and property back in the Treaty of Paris? We got everything East of the Mississip too.

It has been 37 years since the Iranian Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by ColtSeavers View Post
    A friend of mine said that this is why the riverine boats where on farsi island, they were doing the money run drop, and Iran decided to slap us in the face on top of taking our money.
    Whoa... that's whacked out bro.

Did he tell you that the $1.7B was paid back directly in Blood Diamonds, Aztec gold, stolen Nazi art, and South African Krugerrands?

Do you think your friend huffs the same brand of glue as Sarah Palin? LOL

Holy Rollers, rock and rollers, Pro-Am Bowlers, kids in strollers.... and AYA-TOLLERS???!?!

(full disclosure: I'm buried in snow and rocked off this Jaloviina I've been saving)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KalashniKEV View Post
    This is SUPER interesting and something to explore...
    Did you know that it was only 7 years after the Framers "stole" the United States from Jolly Old England that British merchants and Royalists got their $$$ and property back in the Treaty of Paris? We got everything East of the Mississippi too.
    It has been 37 years since the Iranian Revolution.
    You have a unique way of looking at things, I will give you that.
    You've left quite a bit out about that part of history, like the British press ganging Sailors of American Ships, the ongoing Indian wars to take and keep that land East of the Mississippi. The whole War of 1812 thing.
    I'm pretty sure the Americans were expected to make all of those improvements in the colonies happen, while paying many taxes to Britain and receiving little in return.
    The idea that the American Revolution and the Iranian Revolution were equal in all ways, is inherently wrong and misguided, but it explains a lot about how you have come to some of your conclusions.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    The idea that the American Revolution and the Iranian Revolution were equal in all ways...
    Did I really say that they were "equal in all ways?"

It was actually your post that offered the perverse logic that a Revolution consists of "stealing" a country from the old power structure.

That's really quite curious... Quite curious, indeed!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    ETA: Just re-read my post... couldn't find where I said the Iranian Revolution was equal in all ways to the American Revolution... maybe it was the French Revolution?

Nope... did a quick scan for that and saw no evidence of that either...

Maybe you're thinking of the Industrial Revolution? I'm just not seeing it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123