Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: $1.7 BILLION in cash to Iran.

Feedback Score

$1.7 BILLION in cash to Iran.

So is the Obama admin directly funding Iran's nuclear weapon program now?

http://sofrep.com/46415/controversy-...yment-to-iran/
    Last edited by carolvs; 01-23-16 at 16:38.
    “Live free or die; death is not the worst of evils.”
    - General John Stark, July 31, 1809

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    That and more...I can forgive a honest mistake, we all make them to include our leadership.
    I just wish they would be honest, nevermind, don't even want to get into it.
    "I would rather be the hammer than the anvil."- Rommel

Owner: Hangar 18 Custom Coatings

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Feel like im paying my fed tax straight to Tehran.
    'Evil Minds That Plot Destruction'

Feedback Score
    $1.3 billion in interest
    F that noise. They are lucky we didn't pay them in pennies dropped by a B52.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Good.

Sanctions only strengthen the dictator.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KalashniKEV View Post
    Good.

$1.3 Billion cash-money makes them weaker?

Feel free to try to weaken me to the tune of a few grand.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KalashniKEV View Post
    Good.

Not seeing the logic in this statement.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauser KAR98K View Post
    Kev, takes the general concept that sanctions make dictators stronger because they sanctions impact the people more than the leaders. Soviet Union fell but Cuba is still around.

The problem in this case is that we are giving them cash-money after the fact- and most of it is 'interest'- as if Iran would have had the money in a savings bond.

So maybe sanctions (at least general ones) don't work as intended. Specific technology aimed ones probably more so.

The issue you have to remember is that KEV views everything from a perspective of hating W, the Saudi's (sunnis in general) and neocons while loving Putin and Iran. A generalization as valid as 'sanctions don't work'. So plot an action on the two axis and you'll get Kev's enthusiasm level.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Airhasz View Post
    Feel like im paying my fed tax straight to Tehran.
    Wait... you do realize it's their own money... right?

This is money made on foreign oil sales and held in Chinese and other international banks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mauser KAR98K View Post
    Sanctions always strengthen the dictator.

It increases the people's dependence on to the regime to right the ship, and a wall goes up to protect the economy.

It also gives the dictator a tangible item to point to while demonizing the West, and gives the people something they can feel as their international buying power dwindles and they can't access western meds and luxury items that they need/want.

Also, fiat currency and fake money may have taken 66% of the Rial's value away in exchange markets... but an apple off the tree still costs what an apple should cost once the wall goes up around the economy.

Plus, just because the US decides to sanction and embargo somebody doesn't mean the rest of the world has to give a care. Post-sanctions, Iran had to offer their oil at a discounted rate to incentivize doing business with them- and China, India, Japan, South Korea, Turkey and Taiwan are all grateful for the dirt cheap oil, I'm sure.

There is also the fact to be dealt with that governments, no matter what political system is in place, are filled with mindless idiots. Business is where intelligent, independent people gravitate to in life. When you cut off business, bad things follow. Always.

Sanctions are the most dumb headed thing we could have done in Iran.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    The issue you have to remember is that KEV views everything from a perspective of hating W, the Saudi's (sunnis in general) and neocons while loving Putin and Iran.

Have you not read any of my posts? Ever??
    Last edited by KalashniKEV; 01-23-16 at 20:31.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast