Thread: Good deals on optics...

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Good deals on optics...

Hey guys,

I stumbled across this thread on TOS, and thought I'd share this excellent tip. At first I thought it sounded sketchy, but then I checked it out and it is authentic. You can score outrageous deals on new optics on Ebay using Microsoft's Live Search tool and PayPal. Obviously you need to be careful of the large number of airsoft clones, fakes and unscrupulous sellers on Ebay, but there are reputable merchants to be found (look for the guys with a $2,000 PayPal guarantee). I scored an excellent deal on a new Trijicon TA-33. Other guys are reporting sub-$400 Aimpoint Micros...obviously there are no guarantees here, but if you're in the market for an optic, it is worth checking out.

Good hunting!

Feedback Score
    I've got 2 issues with this "deal":

1 - Ebay/Paypal are notoriously anti-gun
    2 - What exactly are they (ebay, Paypal, Live, etc.) getting for their "rebate"? Marketing data, subscription to some service, etc? There ain't no such thing as a "free lunch". There is something in it for them.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    After thinking about it a bit, and discussing it with some of the folks who work there, I don't believe that Ebay & Paypal are anti-gun necessarily, but simply looking to limit their exposure to liability.

Think about it, if they were so anti gun, would they allow rifle optics to be sold on their site?

Feedback Score
    I could get a 516 for $284!!!!!

Someone talk me out of buying the Eotech 516.A65 with 25% off. Making it about $294 after shipping. That would be my UBR money, but I guess it can wait since no one has them anyway.
    Last edited by Solid; 08-14-08 at 14:43. Reason: I'm losing my mind

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    As tempting as this sounds, it seems just a little confusing. Still not sure how you determine that the item actually qualifies before you commit.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Yeah, I'm not seeing anything either.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I recommend buying from a trusted vendor - preferably one who supports M4C.