Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Plantar Fasciitis: make it stop!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Plantar Fasciitis: make it stop!

This is my second round of this for my left foot. Back in July of last year u was off for weeks icing my foot and going to physical therapy. I took their advice, git some arch support ensouls, stretch my foot when I can, and ice as needed (when I can). I was problem free for three months, but it's been back off and on now since.

Now when I get out to walk, finally get some exercise in from sitting in a truck all day (sleeping in it all night), I'm dealing with exercising then getting major foot pain after. Even doing heel stretches before and after are not helping.

I'm wondering if it is my shoes. I have a nice set of Keen high tops that are more suited for outdoor hiking wear, but have been more or less a good everyday shoe, considering the different environments I find myself in. The shoe, however dies feel loose on the sides.

Is there a goid multi-environment shoe with a goid ankle support that I should look into? Should I go to a good set of full boots?

What other ways cam I stop this? My PT bill was over $4,000 and my shitty employer insurance barely covered half, plus Obama's deductible. I really don't want to go back.

ETA: My truck is an automatic, so my left foot isn't stomping on a clutch. It just hangs loose under the seat or off to the side by the door. Also to add, I generally do not have and foot problems when I wake up. My feet are generally in my arch support shoes as soon as I get up.
    Last edited by Mauser KAR98K; 02-02-16 at 19:19.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I have had it a few times. It's been gone for me for about a year now. Here's what I did to get rid of it....
    1.) Lost a few pounds (like 5 not much)
    2.) Bought better shoes. For work I'm wearing Merrell trail hikers and for home, Nike Air Max (they have great arch support)
    3.) Those stupid Foot Angel socks......THEY WORK! Amazon has them..... http://www.amazon.com/Foot-Angel-Ant...rds=foot+angel
    Wear them to bed for a few weeks and wear them when you know you will be on your feet often. Don't over wear them, give your feet some time to let blood flow.
    4.) when there was a lot of pain, I would take a frozen water bottle and roll it under my foot for 20 minutes or so a day.

PF Effin hurts! It can take over your mind!
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryCop25 View Post
    I have had it a few times. It's been gone for me for about a year now. Here's what I did to get rid of it....
    1.) Lost a few pounds (like 5 not much)
    2.) Bought better shoes. For work I'm wearing Merrell trail hikers and for home, Nike Air Max (they have great arch support)
    3.) Those stupid Foot Angel socks......THEY WORK! Amazon has them..... http://www.amazon.com/Foot-Angel-Ant...rds=foot+angel
    Wear them to bed for a few weeks and wear them when you know you will be on your feet often. Don't over wear them, give your feet some time to let blood flow.
    4.) when there was a lot of pain, I would take a frozen water bottle and roll it under my foot for 20 minutes or so a day.

PF Effin hurts! It can take over your mind!
    Ordered.

Yea, I'm trying to loose weight to help my foot, but my foot is preventing my from loosing weight, but I need to loose weight to help my foot, but my foot is preventinge from loosing weight, but....

My ice bottles are at home in the freezer.

Trucking sucks. 120,000 miles on the current truck that haven't had for a year, yet. Picked it up last March, new.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I also believe that some of it comes from me sitting in a car for 12 hours a day. Legs are straight and circulation is poor and feet are positioned differently. PF as you probably know is the loosening of the big tendon that goes the length of your foot. It needs tension back.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I know a gal who suffered from what she was told was PF for nearly two years. She later found out that it was a back issue. Her chiropractor gave her an exercise regimen that resolved the issue very quickly.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm able to get relief by repeating the exercises I did in PT for a few days. If I keep up on the exercises it prevents future flair ups. Good luck op, I feel your pain.
    'Evil Minds That Plot Destruction'

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    walking at a fast pace and really extending my step until my calves stop burning, makes my PF vanish.
    Freedom isn't free! I thank every brave soldier who has paid some for me.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I had it once. Riding a bike cured it.

Feedback Score
    I've had it twice and got rid of it by a simple exercise as soon as I got out of bed in the morning and then several times during the day. Put your hands on the wall and slowly walk backwards keeping your feet as flat on the floor as possible. Keep going until you can't go farther without falling on your face. It has worked for me in both instances.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I've had it a couple times. BOth times it did not resolve until I had the cortisone shots in the bottom of the affected foot. Talk about painful!
    Two broken Tigers, on fire in the night,
    Flicker their souls to the wind...
    -Roads to Moscow

Not Forgotten:
    http://www.virtualwall.org/dk/KillenJD01a.htm
    http://www.virtualwall.org/db/BoddenTR01a.htm

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast