Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
The AC-15 rifles (RAS/C39) are stocked by two of Krebs's three, "please buy guns from these great partners," uh, partners. And the third doesn't list any Krebs Custom firearms on their website. Even so, Copper Custom is asking for more money for their AC-15s than for their AK-103K and Atlantic is asking the same price for their AC-15Ms as what I recall paying for my AK-74K.

Sample of one each: I now have a WASR and a DDI. I have outfitted both with Magpul MOE AKM handguards and Magpul Zhukov stocks. The WASR additionally has a Krebs Custom fast acquisition rear sight (basically a Fuller mod rear sight by Krebs - with a U-notch instead of a square notch, so I actually slightly prefer the Krebs to the RD version) while the DDI has a Krebs safety, an ALG AK-T trigger, and a Rifle Dynamics Fuller Mod rear sight. (Shooting the AK-T back-to-back with the Krebs-modified Tapco G2 in my AK-74S, I find the AK-T to be the superior trigger. Although both are single-stage and I frankly would prefer a two-stage.)

When I'm able, I'll lay in a small supply of Hornady and Lapua for accuracy testing (I think I have plenty of Tula), and an RS Regulate side mount plus AKR, rings, and some sort of 1-4/1-6/2.5-10 or maybe an AKOG and a TA33. Unless I lose interest before I get that far (like that's never happened: I might simply decide to dump both in favor of one Arsenal, Krebs, or Definitive Arms. We'll see).

So far both rifles seem to function just fine (although I have only run 60 rounds out of each of mixed Tula HPs and FMJs and what I think might be Golden Tiger), but they also have a couple mild disappointments WRT "fit & finish": The KG Gunkote on the DDI of course looks nicer than the WASR's rather rough parkerizing, but it seems that the applicator at DDI oversprayed the front trunnion, causing the rear sight to be sticky when the range is set out to 600 meters or beyond - leaving the sight sitting rather high when the slider is set back to 100 meters or even the "battle zero" settings, although a good whack sets it back to rights. The WASR suffers from the traditional WASR issue of a canted gas block, although as previously mentioned, it does not appear to affect function. The bigger issue with the WASR is that it doesn't play well with my steel combloc magazines, except my one Hungarian tanker mag - but it gets along with all my polymer mags just fine (Finnish, US PALM, and Magpul). The DDI gets along with all my mags. Both have one boogered rivet, the DDI's being one of the rear trunnion rivets while the WASR's is one of the side rail rivets.

At least I know I like the AK-T and the Zhukov stock.

It's not they won't fire accurately with a US barrel- it's how long they fire before they are burned out. I have AK's in excess of 20K rounds in 5.45 that still hold just a little over 2MOA. You can't say the same with these US made guns because the barrels themselves are not hammer forged. That is the difference.