Thread: "Full dip" camo patterns

Feedback Score

"Full dip" camo patterns

Anyone know how durable this "full dip" process is?

http://legacysports.com/hogue-krypte...ll-dip-package

Feedback Score
    I dipped a rifle a few years ago. My thread is here and post #49 has what you're looking for.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...ulticam-Dipped

Bottom line is I don't think it's worth it unless you need a specific pattern.
    Before you suggest that licensing, background checks, or other restrictions for the 2nd Amendment are reasonable... Apply those same ideas to the 1st and 4th Amendments. Then tell me how reasonable they are.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    As i understand it, the dip jobs are durable enough for the average guy. Unless you are routinely rubbing it one stuff it should be fine. I looked into it a few years ago and realized for me it was just a novelty so I skipped it. If your gun is a real war horse and legitimately hard use, then it won't last as long.

Feedback Score
    I agree with ggammell. I had my ar's dipped. And normal uses, range shooting from a rest. It should last. Here are mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    It depends on the applicator as well. I am a factory trained WTP applicator, and the difference in product and applications varies greatly.

The DIY at home kits are pretty worthless and wont last long at all, however a job done by a professional who has figured out how to use cerakote as a base layer and clear can make a very durable product.

But ultimately it is a paint, and if you treat your gun as a tool and beat it up of course the dip job will scratch and chip and wear, no finish is impervious to that.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My Beretta Xtrema2 is dipped and the finish has held up very well.

Feedback Score
    Just put the .308 Howa (heavy barrel) linked in the first post on layaway. That Kryptek pattern looks kind of curious but is apparently effective.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Just put the .308 Howa (heavy barrel) linked in the first post on layaway. That Kryptek pattern looks kind of curious but is apparently effective.
    Ive had personal experience with the Howa dipped rifles and they arent as durable because the film doesnt adhere to the Hogue rubberized stocks very well.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    If you get anything dipped don't do the dyi kits. I watched mine and it's not has easy as it seems on YouTube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Below is a "Gallery Of Guns" spot on the Howa. Anybody know what brand of bipod is shown?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo_6g4oIY0M