Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Straight 8s available for the M&P

ToddG Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
    Todd, do you know if Scott offers different height front sights?
    Not to the best of my knowledge. His front sight is a little narrower than a stock night sight, but I'm not sure of the height.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    I put Straight 8s on my G34 and they rusted up real quick like. My Novaks are much more durable. I won't buy sights that rust up in a week again.

I have a set of Warren sights on my G26 that are rusted. They are still good sights so a potential rust issue isn't of much concern to me

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NCPatrolAR View Post
    I have a set of Warren sights on my G26 that are rusted. They are still good sights so a potential rust issue isn't of much concern to me
    I agree, furthermore a little maintenence goes a long way to preventing surface rust on metal parts. Oil+cloth+30 seconds=Non-issue

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    It's an issue of annoyance to me. However, there's other sights that don't rust in my gun safe so I voted with my dollar.

ToddG Guest
    Corrosion on sights will happen from time to time no matter who is making the sights. I don't know any night sight company that does its own refinishing, which means you're relying on a third party. Once in a while, a batch isn't done well. There's little the sight company can do about it, especially since small imperfections can be impossible to detect.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdrak View Post
    I agree, furthermore a little maintenence goes a long way to preventing surface rust on metal parts. Oil+cloth+30 seconds=Non-issue
    I agree on the maintenance going a long way. I have two Glocks with the original Heinie rear sights (pre-slant pro). The only rust on either has been where the sight MGW sight pusher rubbed the finish off the right side on the first one I installed.

I wipe my guns off at the very least every couple of months...usually using a silicone cloth.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DM-SC View Post
    I agree on the maintenance going a long way. I have two Glocks with the original Heinie rear sights (pre-slant pro). The only rust on either has been where the sight MGW sight pusher rubbed the finish off the right side on the first one I installed.

I wipe my guns off at the very least every couple of months...usually using a silicone cloth.
    I always use a good cold blue to touch up any marks left over from sight installation and then give em a good coat of oil and wipe off. Seems to prevent rust. I always wipe off my sights with a lightly oiled patch or something when I clean my guns. Try to head off any corrosion that might occur. Rust seems to occur more often during the summers in Georgia. Sweat and humidity can kill exposed steel quickly. YMMV.

Feedback Score
    I've become spoiled by modern finishes.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I received my M&P slide back from Heinie last week. I had their SlantPro QWIK Straight Eight sights installed. I'd been using their SlantPro Straight Eight's on my Glocks for years and had been anxious for them to come out with Straight Eight's for the M&P. The QWIK set appears to be a combination of the features of the SlantPro, Race Cut, and LEDGE rear sights.

I noticed right away that the M&P Straight Eight's are the same height as the factory Novak's. In spite of the tritium insert, the Heinie front sight is slightly more narrow than the Novak.

The tritium inserts are bright and the rim of the tube isn't overly large or pronounced. They're not as obnoxious as a Big Dot.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RWK View Post
    I received my M&P slide back from Heinie last week. I had their SlantPro QWIK Straight Eight sights installed. I'd been using their SlantPro Straight Eight's on my Glocks for years and had been anxious for them to come out with Straight Eight's for the M&P. The QWIK set appears to be a combination of the features of the SlantPro, Race Cut, and LEDGE rear sights.

I noticed right away that the M&P Straight Eight's are the same height as the factory Novak's. In spite of the tritium insert, the Heinie front sight is slightly more narrow than the Novak.

The tritium inserts are bright and the rim of the tube isn't overly large or pronounced. They're not as obnoxious as a Big Dot.

How about some pics? I havent actually seen what the Heinie M&P sights look like yet.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast