Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EOTech @ SHOT 201 by SMGLee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

EOTech @ SHOT 201 by SMGLee

In the mist of the EOTech controversies of the recent months, EOTech showed off its latest development. The new magnified scope is still in its prototype stage and it will not be released until sometime in the 3rd quarter of 201.

Until then, I have had some time playing with the 1-6x scope which seems to me to be the winning ticket. The first focal plane scope has clear optic with a nice and clear edge, the reticle is pretty much in line with anyone familiar with the standard EOTech reticle. The illumination seems bright enough, but it's hard to tell indoors. Other than that, I am excited to see the final production version of the 1-6x

Not the big fan of the magnifier adjustment stick, but it is removable, so its not that big of a deal.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Nice pictures. Did you play with the 2.5-10x?
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SMGLee View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to do this.

Did they give any indication of the weight of this optic, by chance?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Is the reticle just the 65 moa ring in their in magnified optics?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    very similar, but designed more for a magnified optic

As far as the weight, all the display models are prototype so the final spec may change.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Did you have an opportunity to find out the MSRP for the 1-6x?

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bluebird View Post
    Did you have an opportunity to find out the MSRP for the 1-6x?
    Recoil listed MSRP for all 3 models as $1299, $1549, and $1629
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I played with them at SHOT and the 1-6x is pretty awesome, especially if you are an Eotech shooter. It's a FFP reticle, and at 1x it looks much like a standard Eo circle/dot (the actual reticle is "hidden" by the center dot). As you crank it to 6x, you basically zoom through the Eo reticle and it leaves the FOV completely, leaving a nice more traditional reticle. Very slick setup, and surprisingly nice glass (Japanese). The higher magnification scopes were nice as well, though I was so enamoured with the 1-6 I honestly didn't play with them much.
    Director of Business Development - Unity Tactical, LLC - Design and Validation for the tactical community.
    www.unitytactical.com / www.facebook.com/unitytacticalllc

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedRacer View Post
    I played with them at SHOT and the 1-6x is pretty awesome, especially if you are an Eotech shooter. It's a FFP reticle, and at 1x it looks much like a standard Eo circle/dot (the actual reticle is "hidden" by the center dot). As you crank it to 6x, you basically zoom through the Eo reticle and it leaves the FOV completely, leaving a nice more traditional reticle. Very slick setup, and surprisingly nice glass (Japanese). The higher magnification scopes were nice as well, though I was so enamoured with the 1-6 I honestly didn't play with them much.
    How did you like it compared to the Z6i/K16i?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    How did you like it compared to the Z6i/K16i?
    As an Eo shooter I liked the reticle setup and concept. That said, I don't think the glass quality is even comparable (obviously). It seemed good compared to scopes in the same price range, but not on the Z6/K16 level. Hard to really get a good idea inside with limited viewing range though.
    Director of Business Development - Unity Tactical, LLC - Design and Validation for the tactical community.
    www.unitytactical.com / www.facebook.com/unitytacticalllc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast