Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Privi match 75gr

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Parabellum9x19mm View Post
    Accupoint TR21...there's a tiny possibility it could have been loose, because i had to tighten the Torx screws at one point earlier in the day because they shot loose.

but i shot those test groups after i was sure it was screwed down tight. unless i'm remembering things wrong and getting early onset Alzheimer's

want to try it again next time i hit the range...just to be sure. i'll use irons to eliminate any other variables.
    I don't know what that optic is (i'm not much of an optics guru).... but you could definitely cross check your results with irons.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Parabellum9x19mm View Post
    ok. so i tried shooting PRVI M193 and PRVI Match .223 75gr out of the same rifle - a 16" Noveske middy

@ 100 yards the POI of the 75 grain was roughly one and a half to two inches higher than the POI of the 55 grain.

not exactly what I was expecting, to be honest. I figured if anything, the heavier stuff would group at either the same, or a lower POI, but that's not the results I got.

Then again, I'm the first to admit that I don't have a sophisticated theoretical understanding of ballistics, so what I expected to see doesn't mean too much. I wonder what the POI shift would be like from different barrel lengths. I could try with 14.5, 18 and 20....I don't have any access to any SBRs tho
    I have had the same results with the PRVI shooting high at 50 yards when the rifle is sighted in for 62 gr ammo. If I remember correctly heavier bullet weights will generally shoot high and lighter weight bullets will shoot low. This would be due to the bullets lower velocity, time in the barrel, and increased recoil for the given cartridge. This is just my opinion as to why the POI is different.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12