Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1911 gen info help

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    it just seems/feels like you don't know if you're getting a 1911 or a COLT1911. otherwise, why all the questions about which brands to stay away from? a Colt is a Colt. there were alot of models made by Colt, but they are still Colts. Everyone and their brother makes a 1911 nowadays

exactly. He said 'colt 1911 .45' in the email but I assume at the price he is offering it must be a knock off. He refers to it as a colt 1911 though. the guy still hasn't returned my email or voicemail so its still up in the air...

Please do answer this Q:
    Is there a "COLT" Brand 1911 that is worth less than my EOTech? (not considering condition)

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    depends, for me a heavily abused/neglected, no special serial #, series 80, might be worth less to ME. i have 6 or 7 1911's though, so it takes quite a bit to excite me. but in general, i'd take a COLT over an Eotech anyday
    "you give peace a chance, I'll stay here and cover you, in case it doesn't work out"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RallySoob View Post
    Please do answer this Q:
    Is there a "COLT" Brand 1911 that is worth less than my EOTech? (not considering condition)
    If its a Colt and not hacked on and in decent shape, no I would make that deal. Colt 1911's carry a good resale value. I never see them for less than ~$600. If you think it may not be a Colt, but some other brand, a used Rock Island, Auto Ordnance (pre-Kahr, post ?), Llama or possibly a Norinco may be in the $300 range.

As far as parts compatibility, things don't readily interchange well. The 1911 is anything but modular. After market or even factory parts, more often than not, require some amount of fitting. Llama parts and at least Norinco grip screw bushing will not fit Colt pistols

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12