Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Century Arms Faces $5 Million Class-Action Lawsuit

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Century Arms Faces $5 Million Class-Action Lawsuit

I just received this in my G+ notifications. Worth checking your personal Century Arms AKs.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...ction-lawsuit/
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RWH24 View Post
    Worth checking your personal Century Arms AKs.
    Also every AK on the planet.

Some neckbeard thinks he can cash in, but is essentially trying to prove AKs are inherently unsafe by design.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KalashniKEV View Post
    Also every AK on the planet.

Some neckbeard thinks he can cash in, but is essentially trying to prove AKs are inherently unsafe by design.
    This. Some AK's also have tolerances such that if you carefully pull the trigger you can find a "sweet spot" where the disconnector isn't quite in a position to grab the hammer and you can make the rifle double or even triple.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My WW74 has a full auto. What a surprise when I took it off and rotated up to do so. It's a known issue.

Now, does CA make theres out of spec so much that they can flip the selector passed the dust cover?
    Last edited by Mauser KAR98K; 02-08-16 at 11:38.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

SPORTS are for Kids!...click*

Feedback Score
    I think they're going to have a hard time winning this one. Since this happens when the dust cover is removed (or the unlikely event that the dust cover or safety is bent so that it allows the safety to rotate up too far), the problem is only happening when the firearm is being used as it wasn't intended to be used. If a person removes a part that then allows the safety to not function properly, then it's their fault.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I think they're going to have a hard time winning this one. Since this happens when the dust cover is removed (or the unlikely event that the dust cover or safety is bent so that it allows the safety to rotate up too far), the problem is only happening when the firearm is being used as it wasn't intended to be used. If a person removes a part that then allows the safety to not function properly, then it's their fault.

How long until this becomes precedent when selling a rifle to another party? The fact that they bend the selector out then rotate it up and past the topcover should be grounds for dismissal.

Feedback Score
    I agree.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    The fact that they bend the selector out then rotate it up and past the topcover should be grounds for dismissal.
    Yeah, but for a shot at dat 5 milly, yo?

Who cares about the future of American Freedom?

This sleaze will win his case, give half to his lawyer for a job well done (probably already in the agreement), and go buy a Bushmaster and an H3 Hummer.

Feedback Score
    One thing working against Century is that the firearm can be made to fire without pulling the trigger. Regardless of anything, that shouldn't happen.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    One thing working against Century is that the firearm can be made to fire without pulling the trigger.
    No, that's not true.

The top cover blocks the selector.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast