Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Massoud and ACR vids, new.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kal View Post
    I'm really liking the fact that the Massoud uses dpms/sr25 mags. I want these mags to be the new standard for new 308 rifles.
    Or maybe some .308 PMAGS

Feedback Score
    Yeah, that would be a great new standard...

It would really make that $500 CMMG lower that takes G3 mags look even less appealing.

Feedback Score
    Did you say you're looking for a new standard?
    I know "new standard" sounds like an oxymoron of sorts but let me get deeper into this.

dpms/sr25 mags are easy to make, lock in just like STANAG 4179 mags and thus are ergonomic, our military uses them to a certain degree, and that means if the military supports it then it's going to be around for a while.

The way I look at it is if new 308 magazine fed rifles are being pumped into the market, wouldn't it be nice if they all used a magazine that we generally agree is acceptable? I remember when the dpms mags were $60 each! Now they're around 25-30 from many vendors and C-products also makes them for like $25 (10 or more I think?). With more rifles using this mag and more manufacturers making these mags, prices will drop because of competition. Meaning, maybe one day dpms/sr25 pattern mags can be bought for $15!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDrake View Post
    Guns kill ......hippies(small typing)

Crye Per.

I beleive they only made a few of the shirts for the SHOT Show.
    thats an awesome shirt for sure then, I want to go to shot show so bad maybe I will be able to some how kiss enough ass to get to go to the next one.

Feedback Score
    Nice!! Quick question on the .308 is that Valada IOR scope?? What power?? Thx

Feedback Score
    Thanks for posting the new vids.

Feedback Score
    'Made in Boulder not Belgium'

So will this one actually have the Magpul name on it, or will it be outsourced as well?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joffe View Post
    'Made in Boulder not Belgium'

So will this one actually have the Magpul name on it, or will it be outsourced as well?
    The Massoud has been designed here in CO just outside of Boulder. As far as looking at partners for manufacture, we're always open to looking at product partnerships with other US firearms manufacturing companies.

There was no harm intended with the "Made in Boulder not Belgium" statement, just stating a fact and pointing out where Magpul's weapons are made, I know, the obvious.
    Last edited by DrDrake; 08-19-08 at 09:19. Reason: spelling
    Magpul bonehead

Feedback Score
    BOOM!
    TRAVIS HALEY
    Founder | CEO
    Haley Strategic Partners, LLC.
    http://haleystrategic.com/

Feedback Score
    Two new vids for you guys on the ACR and Massoud. Keeping released info to a minimum for now. The Massoud it the heat and close to a production weapon. The ACR is there, Bushmaster production pipe line almost ready to go.

The Massoud has been designed here in CO just outside of Boulder. As far as looking at partners for manufacture, we're always looking at product partnerships with other US firearms manufacturing companies.

There was no harm intended with the "Made in Boulder not Belgium" statement, just stating a fact and pointing out where Magpul's weapons are made, I know, the obvious.

OK, I'm confus-ed. I stopped keeping up with this once I heard Bushmaster took over production. Not knocking Bushmaster, I have one of their weapons. Just lost interest in it. So it sounds to me, and correct me if I'm wrong, Magpul and Bushmaster will be making them. Would someone be kind and give me the Readers Digest version of this?

NRA Life Member
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast