Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SIG USA @ SHOT 201 by SMGLee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

SIG USA @ SHOT 201 by SMGLee

MCX is getting to be my favorite carbine on the market right now. Not revolutionary but evolutionary from the M1/AR180 platform. This is the gas piston AR at its finest. The design got rid of all the bugs of converting an AR into a piston gun, but designed the platform from the start as a piston carbine. My MCX has been extremely reliable and accurate. It does not have the piston recoil common to the piston AR on the market. the felt recoil is very low while split time between shots are amazing.

Although the MCX upper can be fitted directly to a regular AR lower, SIG designed an adapter that will also fit all the stock options available to the MCX.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Another very cool offering from SIG is the US made SIG P210. Trust me, the quality of the gun show is amazing.

Someone had a cell phone picture of the upcoming SIG P210 long slide....hmmmmm very cool.

One of the coolest dude at SIG.

SIG has designed a red dot sight that is build specifically for the pistol. it is supposed to take the abusive G-force generated by the recoiling slide.

P320 with manual safety

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMGLee View Post
    MCX is getting to be my favorite carbine on the market right now. Not revolutionary but evolutionary from the M1/AR180 platform. This is the gas piston AR at its finest. The design got rid of all the bugs of converting an AR into a piston gun, but designed the platform from the start as a piston carbine. My MCX has been extremely reliable and accurate. It does not have the piston recoil common to the piston AR on the market. the felt recoil is very low while split time between shots are amazing.
    Chen,

I am very interested in this platform. I handled one at a shop and was impressed by how light it is and how balanced it feels.

How many rounds have you put through yours? Have you run it hard? Have any issues come up?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I ran the carbine through two classes so far. total about 1000 rounds. this is right out of the box, light lube and zero with Aimpint T1. so far, not issue what so ever. but again, this is only about 1000 rounds of Winchester white box.

I am impressed withhow light the rifle is, how accurate, and easy of handling.

only issue was during a loading process, I was not exactly in a perfect positon, I applied some downward pressure to the charging handle. the edge of the charging handle hit the bump on the steel stock, i assume the chanrging handle had come to a full stop and let the handle slam forward. the end result was the round was not chambered. once you understand this little glutch, i never had another issue.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Thanks for the reply.

I am really interested in picking up one .300 BLK in the desert/tan color.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Is it just me, but do those mags/magwells on these fde MCX's look a little narrow (front to back) to be 5.56/300BO? Mag looks like an in-between of .30 carb/4.6 HK/5.7 FN length.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Those aren't MCXs. Those are MPXs.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdmiller View Post
    Those aren't MCXs. Those are MPXs.
    The label on the top says "mcx" as does the gun. Look at the dust cover too. Yet, the bottom is "mpx" but it appears to be the same magazine...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Read the Tag, FDE AIR RIFLE/ MCX

Quote Originally Posted by pointblank4445 View Post
    The label on the top says "mcx" as does the gun. Look at the dust cover too. Yet, the bottom is "mpx" but it appears to be the same magazine...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast