Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: star wars: clone wars animated series illustrates unconventional warfare

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Didn't want to start a new thread, but the final Clone Wars trailer is out with a release date of Feb 21st on Disney+.

If you aren't hyped over this, I don't know if you can call yourself a real Star Wars fan.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    Anyone ever read books from the expanded universe? Karen Travis wrote the Clone Trooper series, she used to write journals for the British military I think it was. Great series

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dpb1776 View Post
    Anyone ever read books from the expanded universe? Karen Travis wrote the Clone Trooper series, she used to write journals for the British military I think it was. Great series

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I have, though I disagree that its a great series. I'm a huge fan of the EU, from Zahn to X-Wing to the NJO. That said, I hate Karen Traviss. She has a tendency to write all of her series the same, where she focuses on the "elite badass warrior group" and then makes them out to be damn Mary Sues, better than everyone and loved by all. Anyone who doesn't like them are bumbling idiots. In her Halo books, it was the Elites she drooled over, in SW, it's the Mandos. Her depiction of Order 66 comes off as a parody of Ep. III's most emotional moment. I liked Hard Contact, but the series goes downhill after that. Her Legacy of the Force books are even worse in that regard.

All that said, I'm looking forward to the conclusion to TCW. I just hope it doesn't include too many Disney influences.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12