Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Knights Armament @ SHOT 2016 by SMGLee

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    I remember that discussion. But I also recall that it was mostly speculation and best-guessing on our part. It was never confirmed or denied by any official KAC rep. Based off the information (or lack thereof) regarding the make-up of the MAMS, there were some assumptions thrown around without any hard data to support the idea. The first time I posted a pic of my naked MAMS it sorta kinda supported the idea that it could possibly be some sort of a steel Inconel hybrid.
    It's been a long time and my memory is fuzzy at best. But I thought KevinB chimed in on that discussion. Maybe not?

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mtdawg169 View Post
    It's been a long time and my memory is fuzzy at best. But I thought KevinB chimed in on that discussion. Maybe not?
    Yeah I honestly don't recall. He could have, and perhaps his lack of confirmation or denial of the idea led us to speculate that we were on the right track, but then again maybe not. It was a couple years ago so my recollection of that discussion is about as clear as yours. But I do recall stating with a certain level of confidence, based on discussions I had with guys familiar with fusing metals, that it must have been partially Inconel due to the unusual appearance of the naked MAMS. And since that was neither contested nor supported by any KAC rep, I think we just kind of ran with that notion. Holy shit my eyes are getting bad.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    *delete*
    Last edited by CharlieMike; 09-24-18 at 09:37.
    Disclosure: I'm a dealer/owner of an online firearms accessories store.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieMike View Post
    I'm pretty sure they're stainless steel. I just had your shiny MAMS in the shop -- I mailed it out this afternoon. I spent time trying to duplicate that effect.
    Any success?
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    I couldn't say what they are made of with any certainty, but a few of my MAMS have bulged to the point that I'm not comfortable attaching a can (if I could?) after using them on some belt fed MG's. The Triple Tap does seam to go longer in use without bulging, but the MAMS does seem to help control the platform better than the Triple Tap.
    I'm really curious to see an all inconel version, or in that a can that handles a belt gun as well as the NT-4. I'm hesitant to to hang some of the newer KAC cans and others on some hosts. The NT-4 is like a tank, seems to out live some other brands MG only cans similar in size.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    SR-25 ACC with MLOK URX4 have started to ship. I have one on the way!

Feedback Score
    Guys -- I cannot find the price of the KAC Anti-Cant Device (30855). Anyone knows MSRP?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234