Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Knights Armament @ SHOT 2016 by SMGLee

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mtdawg169 View Post
    That's putting it politely. They've built the company on KAC knock offs.
    How in the blue F does Griffin not feel the slightest bit of embarrassment or shame in this blatant rip off. I mean, it's not as bad as Beetlejuice borrowing all the R&D from the SR25 to make his BeetlejuiceOBR, but it's pretty close imo.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelVain View Post
    Are you thinking of the 3T?
    No sir. With the early MAMS, there were some complaints about the welds (aesthetics) and the cost. I thought I remembered that part of the explanation was the combined use of inconel and steel. But maybe I'm misremembering.
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelVain View Post
    How in the blue F does Griffin not feel the slightest bit of embarrassment or shame in this blatant rip off. I mean, it's not as bad as Beetlejuice borrowing all the R&D from the SR25 to make his BeetlejuiceOBR, but it's pretty close imo.
    No idea. But they've never seemed to mind borrowing ideas. With that being said, the Recce series of suppressors seem to be pretty good cans.

I never really noticed it on the two MAMS I owned, but there is some very interesting directional porting going on in the picture above. That's what really sets the MAMS apart from the imitations. Pretty fascinating actually. It's like the design uses directional diffusion vs just porting.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Damage View Post
    lulz... Griffin has be "borrowing" KAC ideas for years.
    That's putting it politely. They've built the company on KAC knock offs.
    Aside from the forwardmost portion of the flashcomp, what else to they have that is similar to KAC's?
    Their taper mount muzzle devices are their own thing. Their suppressors too. I don't know of anything else that would qualify as a "knock off".

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Benito View Post
    Aside from the forwardmost portion of the flashcomp, what else to they have that is similar to KAC's?
    Their taper mount muzzle devices are their own thing. Their suppressors too. I don't know of anything else that would qualify as a "knock off".
    This thread is probably not the right place to have that discussion. I don't mean to be abrupt. Just trying to be respectful of SMGLee and the actual purpose of this thread.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've really gotta start saving money for that SR15E3 MOD 2, it's the new #1 on my wish list.
    The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step...and a lot of bitching.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Any sign of the SR-47?
    Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

"The thing about quotes on the internet is you cannot confirm their validity." - Abraham Lincoln

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrysimons View Post
    Has the Inconel MAMS shipped yet? What is the new MAMS type brake pictures above? Thanks
    I have one on pre-order, hoping it arrives this month before I go on vacation.

Feedback Score
    Man, everything looks good with Mlok

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by epfrank View Post
    Man, everything looks good with Mlok
    I totally agree! Looks totally badass in KAC rifles.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    No sir. With the early MAMS, there were some complaints about the welds (aesthetics) and the cost. I thought I remembered that part of the explanation was the combined use of inconel and steel. But maybe I'm misremembering.
    I remember that discussion. But I also recall that it was mostly speculation and best-guessing on our part. It was never confirmed or denied by any official KAC rep. Based off the information (or lack thereof) regarding the make-up of the MAMS, there were some assumptions thrown around without any hard data to support the idea. The first time I posted a pic of my naked MAMS it sorta kinda supported the idea that it could possibly be some sort of a steel Inconel hybrid.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast