Thread: Ruger RPR

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    RPR is good to go. Factory 140 eld-M ammo banging steel at 1k easily today. I wasn't shooting but in a training class and he was dead on all the way out. He's running a PST 6x24 FFP. His mil reading was 8.6 up I believe. My criterion was running 8.1 mil and a Krrieger was running 7.6 mil. All running same ammo and optics. Just barrels run differently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Got an opportunity to setup my RPR and sight it in over the weekend.

Have to say I'm impressed with the rifle so far.

The white circle is two inches across.

Ammo is 175 FGMM

Full disclosure, I'm not that good at this either.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Primus can be a bit abrasive, but considering I did exactly what he is describing I can't disagree with him.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The Ruger rifle is a great way to get into the game of long range shooting. Getting a custom gun will only yield a small bit more accuracy for 3x's the cost. If your load development is good, it can be identical. The performance of the RPR is outstanding for its price.

If your going to purchase one, get the 6.5 creed. It will out perform the 308 all day long in every way.Your not going to shoot 2 inch groups with the 308 at 500 or even longer ranges. I consider it a learner rig, which can teach you lots of skills in both shooting and reloading without going custom from the start. I like this rifle getting more people into long range shooting. For a budget/entry gun, its fits the bill perfectly. Not everyone will buy a custom to shoot with.

Graham, nice group for your first outing with it.

This is not my gun or target, but this was shot with a 6.5 creed RPR on hand loads @ 587 yards 10 mph crosswind. It was this guys first prs match, which he won against 308, 6x47, 6.5x47 guns. One was even a Defiance with S&B on it.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    I'm totally getting one of these when one is in stock and not overpriced or a scam.
    I have no requirement for a 6.5 bolt gun other than PRS, so a low cost entry rifle is what I'm looking for.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    I'm totally getting one of these when one is in stock and not overpriced or a scam.
    I have no requirement for a 6.5 bolt gun other than PRS, so a low cost entry rifle is what I'm looking for.

(This was just a thrown together pic. Scope has been moved and the rifle has been adjusted to fit)

This is my 6.5 creed that I built but if I was going to do it over again I would buy an RPR. I was not impressed at first due to all of the hype but after shooting next to one all weekend I'm sold. Great rifle and doesn't need anything extra. Very good starter rifle.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    In our quest for the best, sometimes we forget what fun is. The RPR fills this role. It only lacks 1 thing... a 26 inch barrel for a bit more speed.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I picked up an RPR in 6.5 Creedmoor today at the LGS.

Wondering what scopes ya'll are putting on this rifle? Also picked up some factory Hornady 140gr match ammo to use until my Redding S match dies arrive. Will be shooting the Hornady rounds for brass once I decide on a scope.

Can't wait to scope it and get it out to the range.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 06-26-16 at 05:33.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    I picked up an RPR in 6.5 Creedmore today at the LGS.

Wondering what scopes ya'll are putting on this rifle? Also picked up some factory Hornady 140gr match ammo to use until my Redding S match dies arrive. Will be shooting the Hornady rounds for brass once I decide on a scope.

Can't wait to scope it and get it out to the range.
    I went with a Vortex PST 6-24x50. It's on backorder at SWFA so I'm waiting it out to see if they get them in when they think (mid-July). I've got some Hornady 120gr A-MAX and Hornady 143gr ELD-X ready and waiting. Just picked up a box of Winchester 140gr to try as well. I don't reload (yet) but am thinking about starting. Just researching and figuring out what the initial cost investment is going to be to get set up to reload 6.5 Creedmoor. Check out Sniper's Hide - lots of people have posted loads for RPR 6.5 Creedmoor.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    After debating the 308 and the 6.5, I've decided to get a 6.5 to reach out further than I've gone before. Very stoked to sight it in, see how she groups, and hopefully stretch its legs if all goes well. Picked up some Hornady Precision Hunter 143 grain ELD-X, but still looking for a few other loads to see which groups best out of the RPR.
    Next step: find appropriate glass for this puppy.