Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Only one handgun for post apocalypse (hypothetical question)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    SP 2022

Feedback Score
    Old school...VERY OLD SCHOOL....45 cal mutiny gun-send six or seven of them to see allah at once!
    3rd Generation Veteran, (USN) that has always fought for our 2nd amendment rights.
    Molen Labe

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The average is 19

The Private Citizen
    Liberty — Independence — Responsibility — Resolve

Feedback Score
    Glock 23 with all 9mm conversion parts. I'd also have 40 conversion parts, 40 barrel, 357sig barrel and 40 call mags.

I'm a glock 19 guy and don't own the above setup but it things were to go that bad the extra parts would be worth the slim chance of finding ammo.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by OhioFinance View Post
    It scares me that people actually think about these things. Generally the most pointless threads on gun forums. The truth is: 1) never going to happen. 2) did magic destroy the rest of your guns? 3) People will use any gun they can find, steal, etc.
    I see your point on numbers 2 and 3. But lots of history on our big, bad, Earth of stuff that could prove your #1 is a "never say never" kinda deal....

Glock 19...

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Glock 17/19 but a close second would be a Ruger MkIII with a can on it.
    "Run fast. Shoot straight. Die proud." -Boba Fett

Trample the weak. Hurdle the dead.

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems." -Ryan Job

Feedback Score
    18 (91%)
    My glock 17. Zombie busting machine. Lol mags would be easy to find and pick up off dead people. Lol
    rcsperformanceonline.com

Feedback Score
    Howdy,

Quote Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
    The Jews and Gypsies thought the same thing in late 1930's Germany... See how that worked for them.

Glock 19

MM
    What's really scary is the fact that the leading GOP candidate spouts the same hate that come out of Hilter's mouth in the early-mid 30's.

Paul

Feedback Score
    If I could only have one gun and it had to be a pistol when the apocalypse came? It would be my XD-40.

Why? Because it's already in my safe and I have a ton of ammo for it.

After I ran out of 40 ammo, I would get whatever gun and ammo I found. By that time theres bound to be a lot of guns laying about so I would grab a gun for every caliber from .22lr to 45ACP. As ammo is found I'd have a gun for whatever I found.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OhioFinance View Post
    It scares me that people actually think about these things. Generally the most pointless threads on gun forums. The truth is: 1) never going to happen. 2) did magic destroy the rest of your guns? 3) People will use any gun they can find, steal, etc.
    It's an interesting academic exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    Book of Eli he rocked an HK45.
    I think that Eli made the right choice.

It's an H&K, so it's practically bomb-proof - durability, reliability, and accuracy are all going to be excellent under pretty much any conditions imaginable.

In the post-Apocalypse, you're going to run out of your favorite JHPs pretty quickly and have to go to much more common ball ammo - and if you have to shoot ball ammo, 45 is the way to go. Further, 45 is very easy to reload for and I've even known HK45s to run 100% with CCI Shot Shells.

Besides, everybody knows that 9mm won't do anything but piss off yao guai and only mildly annoy a deathclaw (who is going to tear your arms off and sodomize you to death with them whether you've pissed them off or not). Probably wouldn't even defeat the shell of a mirelurk.

:P
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast