Thread: Does anyone make a 12" 870 barrel threaded for the 870 standoff/choke?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Does anyone make a 12" 870 barrel threaded for the 870 standoff/choke?

I'm looking for a 12-12.5" barrel that takes the Remington standoff / rem chokes.

This guy:

I'd prefer XS sights, but they only make a 14" no choke, as best I can find. So, I'm going to have to give up a little on sight preference I think. Short of the XS sort of rifle sights, I wouldn't mind a fiber, but no silly magnet stuff. I may look into having sights brazed on.

But the barrel is the first issue. Anyone seen one of these?

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Get any take off barrel that fits your 870 and have it cut and threaded for tubes. It's not that complicated or expensive.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    The pic you posted is cylinder bore, so unless you're setting this up as a breacher I don't see what it would matter?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason0311 View Post
    The pic you posted is cylinder bore, so unless you're setting this up as a breacher I don't see what it would matter?
    Yes, a stand off. It really doesn't matter what the example is of, it's a threaded choke system.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Get any take off barrel that fits your 870 and have it cut and threaded for tubes. It's not that complicated or expensive.
    From what I have found, it might not be that easy. Many barrels seem to have not have enough material for chokes. The only other barrels I have I'd like to sell or keep. So, I'm buying a new barrel no matter what, might as well buy something pre-threaded if possible.