Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock MOS

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Glock MOS

sorry if this has been posted about already

Thinking of jumping into the MRDS on pistol. What is every ones take on the MOS series from Glock?

Are they good to go or plagued with issues?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    They're normal Gen 4 Glocks so you can expect the typical level of reliability and parts availability.

Because of the way they mount (being milled out of the slide, then using an adapter plate to accommodate multiple optics) they sit higher than a regular milled slide allows for. As such, normal suppressor-height sights do not work for co-witness. A few sights are coming to market I believe.

So, you trade availability of backup sights for the ability to swap the optics versus being committed to, and milling for, one type.

Feedback Score
    That G40 longslide 10mm looks like a deer killing machine, might have to get one some day.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    There is a thread already here about the MOS. I just purchased a G19 MOS. Trijicon makes night sights that co-witness with the Trijicon RMR perfectly.

SamM

Attachment 38055
    Last edited by SamM; 02-28-16 at 00:10.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DirectTo View Post
    They're normal Gen 4 Glocks so you can expect the typical level of reliability and parts availability.

Because of the way they mount (being milled out of the slide, then using an adapter plate to accommodate multiple optics) they sit higher than a regular milled slide allows for. As such, normal suppressor-height sights do not work for co-witness. A few sights are coming to market I believe.

So, you trade availability of backup sights for the ability to swap the optics versus being committed to, and milling for, one type.
    Okay, what sights are you using?

I have the factory (non-suppressor) sights on mine, and I can still use them after installing an MRDS.

I have suppressor sights and don't use them because they're unnecessary. Standard suppressor sights are HIGHER than necessary.
    Full disclosure: I'm the editor of Calibre Magazine, which is Canada's gun magazine. In the past I've done consulting work for different manufacturers and OEM suppliers, but not currently. M4C's disclosure policy doesn't seem to cover me but we do have advertisers, although I don't handle that side of things and in general I do not know who is paying us at any given time.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    Okay, what sights are you using?

I have the factory (non-suppressor) sights on mine, and I can still use them after installing an MRDS.

I have suppressor sights and don't use them because they're unnecessary. Standard suppressor sights are HIGHER than necessary.
    I've got standard Trijicon night sights on mine and currently no RDS. I purchased and ran a Fastfire on mine for a bit but removed it and installed the flat plate so it could go into my carry rotation (I don't want to carry a RDS because I'm not anywhere as fast with it so far).

I also run standard sights on my G17 I keep my can on. I'm a "shoot through" guy.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well, there are plenty of MRDSs that work fine with factory sights.
    Full disclosure: I'm the editor of Calibre Magazine, which is Canada's gun magazine. In the past I've done consulting work for different manufacturers and OEM suppliers, but not currently. M4C's disclosure policy doesn't seem to cover me but we do have advertisers, although I don't handle that side of things and in general I do not know who is paying us at any given time.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Any one know if they sell the slides separately and how much?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Springfield View Post
    That G40 longslide 10mm looks like a deer killing machine, might have to get one some day.
    Most RDS' don't hold up to to the beating from full power 10mm.
    I'm a lead farmer motherf**ker! - Kurt Lazarus

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Atombomb View Post
    Any one know if they sell the slides separately and how much?
    Yes, GunBroker has them. Here's one for $470.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=544778684

Your welcome.
    Politician's Prefer Unarmed Peasants

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast