Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Salient G19 Review.

Feedback Score

Salient G19 Review.

I have not read too many reviews on Salient firearms and people continue to ask me my impressions on mine so I figured I would type one up on here for use. I will do my best to be non partial and honest, I can be pretty nit picky especially a firearm of this calibre.

I ordered my pistol in late May and it took approx 4 months to receive, they were having issues locating G19 didn't bother me much. I have spoke to them quite a few times on the phone and they have been nothing more than absolutely pleasant.

After ordering the firearm I had a bit of buyers remorse and was kicking my self in the butt while I waited for it. I have to say I have never liked Glocks at all and my main stay has been M&P pistols and 1911's. The experience I have had with Glocks has never been pleasant I shot them well just seemed to take a bit more effort over my M&Ps when it came time for a carry gun I was shooting a friends M&P 9c and HATED the fact that with out the extended base plate my pinky hung off while running the gun hard I would pinch my pinky between the mag and pistol. (I know, I know everyone will say training will solve that! guess what I don't care). So I was on the search for a perfect sized pistol and the most hated firearm I could think of was the perfect match the G19, but I couldn't stand anything about the gun except the size! This is where Salient came in.

The fit and finish of the pistol are superb the TiN coating really makes the Glock a good looking firearm it also adds a texture that makes the manipulation of the slide a bit easier compared to the factory slide and the improved cocking serrations are a great addition.

I had them remove the finger grooves and do a grip angle mod where they reduce the hump this corrected one of the major issues I had with Glocks from the get go def a must for me. The stippling job is a bit soft but considering it is for carry it's fine.

They replace all of the internals including the guide rod and the pins are all titanium. (cool factor I guess). I have always liked fiber optic front with blacked out rear and the warren tacticals are great!

The claimed balance/flat shooting of the firearm I can confirm to be true I have a built M&P 9L shot them side by side and I was amazed I was actually faster and more accurate with the G19. I don't think I have become a better shooter over night. Others have shot the pistol and were also very impressed to the point they are trying to save up and order one.

Now the discrepancies there was marring on the trigger when it arrived, trigger is not to my expectations it's an improvement but not what I was expecting. The stippling on the back strap that meets my palm is flattening out. I have already spoken with them and the customer service was amazing sent me a shipping label and I have been told it will be dealt with in the utmost of importance. I will say though I have no more feeling of buyers remorse the pistol has made shooting fun again instead of just practice. People have said I could buy X number of Glocks for that well thats great if you like Glocks the way they are I personally could not stand them this has changed my mind, I was pretty set on M&Ps but I may invest more into Glocks now. I would recommend a Salient to others if they asked.

Round count is as such
    WWB 600rds 0malf
    Tulammo 150rds 1bad primer
    Hornandy CD 25 rds 1 FTF ???

The fail to feed with the last round of Hornandy CD, might just dump the rest of the ammo. 775 in two weeks isnt a bad start when I get it back I plan on another 300-400 that weekend I will try and keep this post up to date if some of you would like to see how it holds up!

Feedback Score
    I remember the first Salient Glocks I ever saw. Always thought they were über cool but would never pay what they charge. I'd much rather buy 3-4 stock Glocks and shoot the piss out of them. I am interested in how this thing runs for you so please post updates. Is the ejection strong and consistent? What extractor/ejector combo?And don't be afraid of a little punctuation.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Curious, how does the gun shoot flatter?

Is the barrel fitted?

C4

Feedback Score
    The extraction and ejection are good, the ejector is #336 I'm not too sure about the extractor. I too plan on shooting the piss and feces out of it trying for 3-400 a week buying factory ammo starts adding up. Thanks for the constructive criticism I was in a rush so I apologize.

Feedback Score
    My understanding it is a mixture of the slide lightening and adjusting weight of the recoil spring. When I use the term "flatter" I mean in the way of muzzle flip and softer felt recoil.

Edit: No I am using the factory barrel it just has TiN coating.
    Last edited by mysak; 09-08-13 at 22:17.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    What exactly about these guns made you want one?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by theblackknight View Post
    What exactly about these guns made you want one?
    Its Tier 1..loser....

To the OP, have you chronod the barrel next to a standard nitrided or melonited barrel? I am wondering if there is any difference in muzzle velocity in TIN coated barrels.
    You are a genuine toolbag if you have your EDC "loadout" in your signature line...

Feedback Score
    The gold barrel bro I can't help myself around bling.

Feedback Score
    lol^ Although this is a Tier 2, sorry I don't have access to chrono that would be interesting I'll see if I can get my hands on one and do a little side by side comparison.

Edit: I dig the dynamic pie concept vids BTW.
    Last edited by mysak; 09-08-13 at 22:43.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Re: Salient G19 Review.

Quote Originally Posted by mysak View Post
    The gold barrel bro I can't help myself around bling.
    You should get them to one off you a front sight with a tritium powered diamond on the front sight. Bling to the max AND diamond is way tougher them fibers or a brass bead.

sent from mah gun,using my sights

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast