Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Magpul Bipod

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Can this attach to a Pic rail out of the box?

-NEVERMIND.... found the Pic model.
    Last edited by markm; 08-09-18 at 13:57.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Just ordered 2 of these up today. Well see how they do. One on a 308 bolt gun and another on a 300 Norma mag. Excited to try them out.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Anyone know if the mounting options are switchable? It’d be awesome to have one of these and be able to switch from the pic to MLOK. I don’t remember seeing it mentioned anywhere though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Anyone know if the mounting options are switchable? It’d be awesome to have one of these and be able to switch from the pic to MLOK. I don’t remember seeing it mentioned anywhere though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They are not.
    Product Manager at Magpul Industries

This is a personal account linked to a personal e-mail. Company affiliation and titles are provided purely for transparency requirements of the host site. Although factual company information may be shared through this account, any opinions expressed are solely those of the account holder, and not necessarily those of Magpul Industries or subsidiaries.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Anyone know if the mounting options are switchable? It’d be awesome to have one of these and be able to switch from the pic to MLOK.
    Edit... per Dozer, not switchable.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Bipods show up today. Nice having Magpul right in your back yard. I'll get some pics up this weekend.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    Bipods show up today. Nice having Magpul right in your back yard. I'll get some pics up this weekend.
    I hate to be a bother, but could you by chance grab a picture of it with an AR? I'm wondering if it'll allow for a 30 round mag. My local shop is ordering one in for me, but I'm not sure when it'll arrive.
    Last edited by opngrnd; 08-11-18 at 13:37. Reason: Added info

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    When you say allow for a 30rd mag, you are meaning it will be high enough to clear the mag from the ground? If so, yes, on the lowest setting you clear a 30 round mag. The legs adjust much higher also.

One thing I probably didn't read in the product description is that the legs don't go to 45 degrees. So only 90. So for me, on a few bolt guns, prone is going to be much higher then I would like it to be. Wonder if I can make my own notch in the leg to make it 45 capable... Man.. so close.. but that lowest available / capable height may be a deal breaker. But on an AR.. it's a good height for 30 round mag.
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 08-12-18 at 14:13.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Well.. Took the legs apart and made my own notch for the 45 degree. Much happier. I wouldn't advise unless you know how the plunger works and what it needs to sit on. If you just grind away a new notch, your plunger will come right out and you have yourself a 100 dollar paper weight. While this is probably the more feature rich bi-pod for 109 bucks. It is not an Atlas, KAC, Evolution, GGG, etc. I wish the legs locked in the closed position. And had a 45 degree capabilities. Other then that, its a nice bi-pod.

Last edited by Jwknutson17; 08-12-18 at 23:17.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    When you say allow for a 30rd mag, you are meaning it will be high enough to clear the mag from the ground? If so, yes, on the lowest setting you clear a 30 round mag. The legs adjust much higher also.

One thing I probably didn't read in the product description is that the legs don't go to 45 degrees. So only 90. So for me, on a few bolt guns, prone is going to be much higher then I would like it to be. Wonder if I can make my own notch in the leg to make it 45 capable... Man.. so close.. but that lowest available / capable height may be a deal breaker. But on an AR.. it's a good height for 30 round mag.
    Thanks for answering my question! I didn't even notice this reply until a couple minutes ago. My entire issue and desire with a bipod is to make it to 30 round magazine height because the bags I've always used are just a hair too short. I've always been able to run them with 20 round mags but at a couple of the places I shoot I've always needed about two more inches of vertical lift for the grass I end up shooting in. Will it be the Zen of shooting equipment? Probably not. But it's within my budget and will be an improvement, so I'm very much looking forward to it.

I think you should send that picture to Magpul concerning your modifications. They could probably incorporate that into production quite easily if they had the desire.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast